• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **Sold** Hexa-Cree HA red Mag 1.25 D, dual Shark/pot

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hardware:

- FM Mag 1.25 D, HA red, fluted head, bored
- 4 X 14670 holder, 2s2p, 7.4V operation
- (2) Sharks on SharkSinks wired to one 20K log pot
- HA black LZ pot knob w/ red trit indicator
- (6) Cree XRE Q5 WG
- Custom heatsink made from alum disc epoxied to a faced PXR19, cured under pressure then turned to fit the bore.
- (6) McR17XR
- UCL

Build notes:

- (2) li-ion cells driving (3) Crees is perfect for the Shark/pot combo. Light dims to a faint glow from the LEDs (several lumens) to a max of 960 mA (~1300 - 1400 lumens).
- Light draws 3.6A on hi, and 2.2A at mid-pot detent @ 7.4V.
- Using AW 1100 mAh cells, runtime is approx. 35 minutes on hi, 1 hr at mid-pot (~850 lumens) and more than 70 hrs at lowest setting (< 30mA).
- As cells deplete, low level will get lower. On a full charge you can't look directly at the LEDs, but it makes a good reading light. As the cells approach 3.7V, the LEDs can be looked at directly. Thus the low level can indicate the state of charge.
- Light can run on hi unattended for ~5 minutes, beyond which you will need to hand-cool or dial it down.

dsc1484ep1.jpg

Light is more candy red as in the top pic, and not as orange as in the thumbnails.

I'm very happy with this build, fit and finish is perfect, no cosmetic issues, bezel is completedly seated, and head/sink/tube all jam together with compound - no need to epoxy, allowing disassembly if desired. The beam has great spill and a fat hotspot with a nice gradual transition. It's a good combination of throw and area coverage.

$445, $425, $395, $350 shipped domestic, international at cost less domestic rate. Cells not included.

EDIT: Brand new Trustfire 14650s included. These are a tad short but I've made a rubber spacer for under the holder nut which can be removed for 14670 use.

Last edited:

GVS_Lakers

Banned
Re: FS: Hexa-Cree HA red Mag 1.25 D, dual Shark/pot

Where is MONEY when you really need it.....:broke:

Awesome build, sweetness

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **Last Price Drop, cells included** Hexa-Cree HA red Mag 1.25 D, dual Shark/pot

Last price drop, new Trustfire 14650s included.

kurni

Enlightened
Re: **Last Price Drop, cells included** Hexa-Cree HA red Mag 1.25 D, dual Shark/pot

Just want to comment that your work consistently looks great.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **Another Price Drop, cells included** Hexa-Cree HA red Mag 1.25 D, dual Shark/po

Bump with a big drop.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **Another Price Drop, cells included** Hexa-Cree HA red Mag 1.25 D, dual Shark/po

Tessaiga, I just checked and 2 AW C cells do fit in the light without the tailcap spring. The tailcap seats fully with very little extra room. I placed a small magent between the tailcap and cell and the tailcap still grounds.

I think if you remove the anodizing at the bottom of the tailcap, and used the small magnet for the (-) contact it would work.

I could include a couple different size magnets if you want to go this route. You would also want a PVC sleeve to reduce the diameter of the tube.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Light is SPF, PM inbound.
Thanks.

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: **SPF** Hexa-Cree HA red Mag 1.25 D, dual Shark/pot

Tessaiga, light is set up with the option to run 2 X C cells, and has been shipped.

Thanks!