Malkoff triple SL20X prototype

Enlightened
I was excited and quickly sent Gene an email when he said he had a SL20X prototype drop-in available in a mass email he sent to everyone. I replied to him but was sad when he stated that it was spoken for. A few days later I got a personal email stating that another one was available and if I was still interested. What a silly question Gene!! :p

Anyway the prototype arrived this afternoon along with a higher capacity battery that I ordered from Battery Junction. I slapped everything together (old battery) and fired it up. Dang!!! Sucker is bright!

I am a full time police officer working night shift so this light will definitely get a workout...no shelf queen here. Actually the host is my "daily" light. I had to retired it recently due to breaking bulb filament on a metal door.
I have also been using an M60 in a Z2 host since December 2007 and it has not failed me yet. This prototype should also be boring reliable.

Gene, nice talking to you on the phone today. I'll send you my thoughts as I get more time with the light. :cool: For those interested, here are quick and dirty pics of the light.

Note: Do not judge actual tint by the pictures. My camera is super old so the colors are way off.

wiwqi1.jpg

20t4cxc.jpg

29dcl8x.jpg

OceanView

Enlightened
Congrats on being one of the first with one of these! :thumbsup:

How does the beam pattern of the Malkoff compare to the stock bulb you were using before--is the spill wider? is the hotspot bigger, brighter? There must be a lot of LEO out there who would love this drop-in to give a turbo boost to their trusty old SL20s.

Enlightened
I'm on my work week stretch so I'll get comparison pictures once I hit my days off again. We have this dang hurricane coming too. :thumbsdow
I was using an SL35X lamp assembly before the Malkoff went in.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm on my work week stretch so I'll get comparison pictures once I hit my days off again. We have this dang hurricane coming too. :thumbsdow
I was using an SL35X lamp assembly before the Malkoff went in.

Sounds like that light could`nt have come at a better time ;)

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I use a SL35X lamp in my SL20 also. When you get around to run time let me know if it is any better.

NICE! :thumbsup: