My next one

BZEP

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I am new around here my 1st purchase was the D10, I love it always on me. Then from recommendations on here I got a 6P with the Malkoff 60 mod. Unbelievable what this flashlight can do. So now I am looking at my 3rd. I know a guy selling a brand new SF M3 for $175. My question is about the M3, what will I notice between the modded 6P and the stock M3. Thanks again for all the information. Oh I forgot I have the T10 on order as well, but this is going to my brother for his birthday. Cant wait to have a look at it this weekend though. Thanks Again!!!

LumenMan

Enlightened
Welcome to CPF ! :wave:

Well, it looks like you're well on your way to becoming a full blown "Flashaholic" :naughty: You made a fine choice with the 6P/M60 combo. This is one of the most "modable" lights on the planet. I'm not certain if you will see too much of a difference with an M3. The 125/225 lumen rating of the M3 is still shy of the 240 Lumens from the monster M60. You may want to get a 500+ Lumen M6 "Guardian" :party::thumbsup:

Zenster

Enlightened
You've started with two very excellent lights. But to have the most fun in this hobby, you might want to consider a third light that is really different from your first two. Variety is part of the fun in all this... "spice of life" and all. :naughty:

You've got a good and very simple EDC with the D10, and you've got one of the brightest P60 type drop-in lights, so now maybe have some fun with one of the programmables.

Among them, you can probably find something you like among lights such as the Novatac 120P (still one of my favorites), the LF5XT, or one of the new Jetbeams such as the Pro III-ST that can use rechargeable 18650's and it has the I.B.C. chipset that is a very nice programmable pill.

My .02

sappyg

Enlightened
a true flashaholic has at least 1 G2. it was the first flashlight i bought and is still one of my favorites. plus, you have another host for all those D26 drop ins.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
a true flashaholic has at least 1 G2

+1 on the G2. It's great as a loaner or in a car glovebox (both cars here) as backup, I don't stress that much about the chance of it being stolen, and it can take your older hand-me-down Malkoff modules as improved modules are introduced.:popcorn:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
If you want output, look for a more powerful Incan or look at HID lights. HIDs will be larger but they are usually in the range of 500 lumen(10w, the smallest you can get) to over 3000 lumen.

BZEP

Newly Enlightened
Thanks everyone for the advice. I told the guy I would pass. So it looks like I need to get a G2. I have been looking around some HID lights too. Something for car camping. Is the attached link a good deal. Thoughts? Thanks again. I know I have said it before but I have never met a more helpful forum than CPF. :thanks:

http://www.batteryjunction.com/n30-3161.html

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The N30 is a great HID light from what I hear. It seems like a good starting HID, the POB(Vector power on board, available at Sams club and on eBay, 35 watt) is a cheaper one but the N30 is smaller, lighter, and has a better color temperature.

Patriot

Flashaholic
The N30 is one of the best HID lights available period for under $300. It would also be idea for camping with its long run-time LED array mounted in the handle. A superb HID!