Best MOD LED for MAG 2AA

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
Hi! Since I've joined this forum, I'm having hard time trying to stop myself from purchasing all kinds of flashlights - apparently, with no success. In last two months I've got an Arc AAA, Infinity Ultra, Inova x5, Surefire E2e+KL1 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Those are cool lights, but I want to find a descent LED to modify my MAGLITE 2AA. I want it to be as bright as possible. What do you think is the best thing to go for?

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you looking for maximum brightness then I'd suggest one of Dat2zips Madmax sandwiches.

For more runtime but less brightness one of the Inretech 2AA luxeon modules may be wort considering.

You could always do what the rest of us do and get both /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Lambda Ill Pill, which is for for the most part equivalent to the BadBoy400 minimag upgrade. These "pill" upgrades are the way to go. I'd say get the BadBoy400.

RewopEldnac

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ewick said:
I think you'll be hard-pressed to beat a BadBoy 400 Q3L. Try here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for asking a silly question, but how is a BB 400 Q3L differs from a regular BB 400?

paulr

Flashaholic
Q3L refers to the brightness and color of the LED. It means a LED that is very bright, white, and scarce /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
Thanks folks, now I just have to find some money and vendor that ships to Israel. Any ideas about some vendor, who is offering a good deal and ships overseas?

RewopEldnac

Newly Enlightened
Thanks paulr

I read it somewhere in this forum, that if you overdrive a Luxeon LED it will become whiter & brighter.

But since BB 400 Q3L cost $5 more than BB 500, does this mean that BB 400 Q3L is whiter & brighter than BB 500?

Bb

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
likely whiter...could be brighter...

but it should also have better battery life...

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd throw my hat in for the BB400... The MM is initially whiter because with fresh batts, its brighter, but as you go on, the BB400 stays brighter longer...