Rube Goldberg to the Max!

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hilarious!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Although I was waiting for something to explode!

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
56k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

the thing is going "er..............er............er........."

if anyone wants to spam my dads email account about getting cable... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

iddibhai

Enlightened
it is ALL real, took only 607 takes and so many months to get it right. it's ALL for real, when it was shown to Honda Japan (filmed in europe for the euro market), they were pleased at the "animation" till they were told it wasn't trickery. all the details in the telegraph article linked.

i have a QT version of the same, cant recall where i got it from

iddibhai

Enlightened
when i was in photo class, we got to see the original video reference in the telegraph article. for about half an hour the entire class was awestruck, and wanted to see it again! fantastic vid. must see.

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Holy S!@#
That's amazing!!!

I really wish I could download it.
Do anyone know where there may be a broadband capture of this in a transportable format?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you watched it here, http://home.attbi.com/~bernhard36/honda-ad.html, you already downloaded it. Your browser had to download it for you to view it.

It's in your IE cache files.

Do a search for "hhonda-ad-300k.swf" on your hard drive. Drag and drop it from the search window onto your desktop. Whenever you want to watch it, drag it and drop it into an open IE window and it'll run.

Just about anything you view in the browser is in the cache files - it's just a matter of finding it.

Darell

Flashaholic
In-freaking-credible (Would you believe me if I told you I was just coming here to post this very link? - true!)

I even like the Honda wagon being advertised. Anybody know anything exciting about the car that I won't turn up with a typical Google search?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
The only part I didn't get was with the speakers, what was under there that they were able to bounce like that? Did they attach the poll to the cone or something?

Wow, that was un believable! Now I want a full resolution version as that one is just too small and pixelated to really enjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

can I say it again? WOW!

Wingerr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pretty neat, but I have to say I'm skeptical it was all a real time sequence- wouldn't the tire falling set off some of those hair trigger setups? And assuming the board is split going through the car window, allowing it to roll down, there's no evidence of the cylinder thumping over any gap- it just looks like a continuous board (?).

Is there any detailed writeups on how each of these were done?

iddibhai

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

speaking of which, hopefully lots of you have been over to http://www.bmwfilms.com/ and watched all the movies and making of? When all that comes out on dvd this summer, bmw owners get it for free if they ask (yay!); non bmw owners can get a copy for the cost of shipping.

The Yeti

Newly Enlightened
They probably had a VERY stable floor to keep the hair triggers in tact...

There is a split in the board, but there is also a slight offset, if you look closely the window doesn't go all the way down, but instead bridges the gap in the board...

Try watching the quicktime version for the ability to go back and forth using frame by frame.