Forward clicky source?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking for a forward clicky to fit my Smartfire V-68C. I put a 2-mode board in the light and I think that the board would be better served by a forward clicky.

The switch is this one (DX). There's a technical drawing with dimensions as one of the images. If anybbody knows where to get a forward clicky that size or roughly so, but smaller, I'd be indebted.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you searching for a 2-position forward clickie or the board has a cicuit that is controled with a singe stage reverse clickie like the one you link to?

Have a look here: Ultrafire C2 FORWARD clickie mod

You may be extraordinarily lucky...just last night I made a WF-501 mod that has the switch that you have. The forward clickie I use is a straight drop in mod. If I weren't at work now I would already have updated the postwith pics too....

Stay tuned till tonight (Greek time).

mar3

Newly Enlightened
4Sevens click

moduleboot_orange.jpg

and Kai click

633511602524527500_med2.JPG

and Jet III forw click ( lower is from Jet II IBS)

pict0052av2.th.jpg

it is always the same click

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
4Sevens click

moduleboot_orange.jpg

and Kai click

633511602524527500_med2.JPG

and Jet III forw click ( lower is from Jet II IBS)

pict0052av2.th.jpg

it is always the same click

I noticed that too and it's a shame there aren't shorter choices. The plunger sticks up so high that it's vulnerable to lateral forces, which is a Very Bad Thing.

I'd rather have a light with a reverse clicky than a nonworking one.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
LukeA are your concerns about the plunger riding loose in the switch body, or the switch being loose in the tailcap?

if the latter you can add a spacer around the plunger post, as seen in this thread (end of post#2)

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
LukeA are your concerns about the plunger riding loose in the switch body, or the switch being loose in the tailcap?

if the latter you can add a spacer around the plunger post, as seen in this thread (end of post#2)

My concern is that there's an extra 4mm of breakable plunger sticking up in the forward clicky, just waiting to get snapped off, ruining the switch.

wes_wall

Newly Enlightened
Help me out here, but I can't understand why a reverse clicky would be so normal. Moreover, I can't understand why there is a huge differential in price. My Scorpion has a forward clicky, and I love the functionality even though it is just on /off. I am beginning some light weight mods with UIs and can not see why anyone would want anything BUT a forward clicky.
My DX UltraFire has a reverse clicky. Are there any near drop in mods for UltraFire C2s?