ike25.jpg

ike26.jpg

ike27.jpg

ike28.jpg

Last edited:

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Some great photos of Ike

That is some pretty heavy stuff, thx for posting. I was only 2 or 3 when Iniki Hit, so I have no idea how people can cope with post hurricane cleanup.

Mayo

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Those pictures really bring home the devastation. :( Just by the looks of it, it's going to be months or even years before things get back to normal, if they ever do.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Those are some spectacular pictures. Who took all of them--such artistry, diversity, and poignancy? Oh I see them linked to the Boston Globe website. Amazing.

Illum

Flashaholic
The days of Galvston back in the 90s was the same...as depicted in the last pages of Erik Larson's Isaac's Storm

"the graves of Galveston give up their read almost overnight as wooden coffins drift up from the wreckage and flows into the main streets of the city, where they collided with houses and victims clasped within them"

"All the dead have rocks tided to their joints and the survivors prepared for seal burial. I place was picked and the bodies were dumped, by nightfall most of them returned to shore"

"water was high enough horses can drift unobstructed through the receding waters"

Its bad....very bad, :'(

Darkpower

Newly Enlightened
Mother nature is awesome. Hurricanes are nature's power-scrubbers taking back the land we built on.

Illum

Flashaholic
Mother nature is awesome. Hurricanes are nature's power-scrubbers taking back the land we built on.

it nevertheless reminds us how small we are compared to everything else...
places where no hurricanes can reach will inevitably have tornadoes, areas without tornadoes have either drought or sandstorms...and areas free from the above are usually earthquake hazard areas:green: