Help save an old vintage 6P

robotoid

Newly Enlightened
I have an old (15+ years), original Laser Products/Surefire 6P round body/round head. The clear lexan lens is partially melted, scratched, and milky. I called Surefire for a replacement lens and they sent an entire new bezel, which doesn't look right on the old, dinged up worn body, and I want to keep this light "original". I ordered a lens from Flaslightlens.com UCL Size: 29.3mm x 1.90mm and it ended up being too large diameter and thickness. It also did not have the "flex" the original lens had, which probably contributed to the shattering when I tried to snap it in. Where can get the right lexan lens for this light to restore it to original condition? Or, does anyone know the right size lens to order? BTW, I ended up buying a new body and tailcap to go with the bezel SF sent me so I'll end up with a new 6P and an old 6P. Thanks

robotoid

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I need a Z17 replacement lexan lens kit, that SF doesn't make anymore. Anyone know what size he lens is or have an old Z17 they wanna part with?

robotoid

Newly Enlightened
LPS Tactical does NOT have them in stock, but they are listed on their website. They say they are "on order" from Surefire, and they have not been told they are unavailable. Any other sources or ideas? Flashlightlens.com says they do not have any lenses flexible enough to "pop" in as required. Edit***I highly recommend Flashlightlens.com as a business to buy from. They were kind enough to refund the cost of the lens I mis-ordered and destroyed attempting to modify and install, which I totally did not expect or request. I only wanted their advice on which one of their products might work, and they honestly said they did not have one that would. Top notch business practice!

Last edited:

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bet the Lexan lens from a Streamlight Scorpion would work. It's part number 850013.

Press it in with a nickel, starting from one end and working it around the bezel. A second way of doing it is to place the whole bezel in a vise and with the nickel flat against the lens, "squeeze" the lens into the bezel. Because the lens is slightly larger in diameter than the bezel, it will flex in the middle and pop the edges into place.

--dan

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can vouch for FlashlightLens.com...I've done business with them before and never had a problem.

How about posting a pic of your old 6P on this THREAD? That would be cool! :poke:

Raoul_Duke

Enlightened
I have a LNIB 3P with a Lexan window that i wanted to change to glass last night.....If you can find a glass lenze that will fit my 3P.... you can have my lexan lense :popcorn:

robotoid

Newly Enlightened
Ended up buying the last 2 Optics Planet had in stock. They were the only ones I could find after about 8 phone calls and emails to different sources.