Found an old light from years ago...

Ozymandius

Newly Enlightened
When I was a newbie and had this 'odd' affinity for flashlights.;-)
It's a non-name, think it might be GE (no insignias, etc) that I'd given away to a relative.
Stumbled across it while helping them move and was pleasantly surprised. I asked about it and they said it didn't work anymore.
Fiddled around and fount that the end connector had fallen out; it was just a little piece of metal, so stuck a dime in the gap and Voila!
I had my old friend back. Traded them a new(ish) LED one and took it home. On to my question: do they make an LED replacement bulb that can be swapped for the incandescent one in the light? be nice to have it back in a more reliable, 'modern' state. Where would I inquire?
IMG_1.jpg
IMG_1119.jpg

IMG_2.jpg

IMG_37.jpg

IMG_4.jpg

Last edited:

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well obviously you goys never played around with one of these fantastic lights. The fun lies in the fluorescent light, because not every light had that. It is cooler than LED, COB, or LEP!

Ozymandius

Newly Enlightened
Tada!!!
She's hella bright with the new LED, and ol' tube still works after all this time too. Pleasantly
surprised they still make these 6" jobbies and sell them for cheap! Can't imagine much of a market
at this point, maybe just old inventory, probably grab one and keep it for spare.
IMG_1135.jpg
IMG_1134.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1135.jpg
    IMG_1135.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_1134.jpg
    IMG_1134.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 59

turbodog

Flashaholic
Careful when retrofitting led bulbs. Had a nasty surprise w/ a tekna dive light the other day. Center was NEGATIVE and it smoked the led, letting out all the magic smoke. That's certainly an outlier, but know that it exists... I ended up trashing the light.