New Stanley 3-in-1 Tripod LED Flashlight

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
I was at a Canadian Tire store today and in the flyer it said some of the LED lights (not a great selection) were for sale, so I went down to the flashlight aisle like most cpf'ers would do right :p. I then saw a rack bin of tripod lights I had not seen before and it was the new Stanley 3-in-1 Tripod LED Flashlight as according to http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?TYPE=PRODUCT&CATEGORY=FLASHLIGHTS&PARTNUMBER=95-155

I did not look at them long as there was no price in the sign part of the rack or on packages (not on online site either) but looking down the head it appeared they were using Rebels and the Stanley site list the ½ Watt's as only 20 lumens each light so probably not 100 bin as I am not really into Rebels. Interesting concept in a ways as you can use the three as one combined or each as separate lights.

I wonder how easy it would to upgrade or change emitter.

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
if they are 0.5Watt LEDs... why bother changing them? IMO half watt LEDs are not for lighting things up but rather for compact lights with longer runtime. They should have used 1watt or better high power LEDs instead preferably crees or rebels.

cl0123

Enlightened
I have the prior version of the tripod light with a single head. Perhaps it is not designed to deliver the type of light that CPF'ers would crave. However, running on readily available AAs and having the tripod with a tilting head, it makes a good black-out light. I try to keep at least a couple dozens of AAs at home and so if "something" happens, I would have at least one of these tripod lights deployed in my kids' rooms and one for their bathrooms.

:thinking: duh! What didn't I think of teaching them to use a MagMini or an E01?

With Aloha,

Clarence

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
if they are 0.5Watt LEDs... why bother changing them? IMO half watt LEDs are not for lighting things up but rather for compact lights with longer runtime. They should have used 1watt or better high power LEDs instead preferably crees or rebels.
It did look like a Rebel but as I am not into Rebel lights/emitters I am not 100% sure...

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
DUDE! That is freakin' awesome! I'm really curious as to the UI is with these and can they all point in the same direction (I don't think they can)?

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
DUDE! That is freakin' awesome! I'm really curious as to the UI is with these and can they all point in the same direction (I don't think they can)?
Click on the [View larger / more images] as it shows all three clumped together like a flashlight with three separate reflectors. It says one switch can turn all three on and off when it is together.

Not sure If I will get one just yet as it will likely be a minimum of $29.99 (if not $39.99) at Canadian Tire.

Flashfirstask?later

Enlightened
I must have been too quick in looking when I first saw them as they appear to be half watt LED's and not Rebels. There is a sizable opening in reflector and is raised above the Led.
Canadian Tire does have it on sale this week at 25% off from regular price of $34.99

Scott_T

Newly Enlightened
Someone got me one of these for xmas knowing I'm a flashlight nut.

Quickie review:
Pros:
props to Stanley for trying something new.
semi bright (not candlepower forums bright)
all 3 flashlights linked together in tripod mode using any one switch to turn on

Cons:
weak feeling construction.
LEDs Al Gore would love cause they're so green.
one leg never deploys without persuasion
as a tripod heads either point straight up or 120 degrees from each other spread out
all 3 come together with the awesome combined power of a romisen rc-g2 :p

It's 3 flashlights that come together to form a tripod light like some kind of junior transformer and fails to do either of those things well. I could almost forgive it for its faults if it wasn't for those green LEDs

DaveG

Enlightened
Have to agree with Scott T, wicked green on the leds.May return mine.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also saw these at Lowes in NC, if anyone is feeling adventurous.

-Trevor

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also got one of these for Christmas. Definately not Lux rebels in mine. They are a larger generic SMD, and very green. Did do a nice job of getting them to focus. And I was surprised one switch turned all 3 on. Must use 6AA's, not like some of the other models. Also included a little bonus keychain tripod that runs on lr44 cells with 1 5mm led. Cute :)

Mine came in a genuine QVC box.
http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/...ey-3-in-1-Tripod-LED-Flashlight-with-Keychain

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My wife got me one of those for my birthday (1/6). its not all that bad... OK its not a real CPF/enthusiast kind of thing but for just getting a little light onto your work-area heck it will do that with ease. I agree with the other member. Stanley deserves a pat on the back for going out on a limb and trying something different. With 9xAA cells on tap it should run a very long time. I think they should have left a couple LEDs without the aspheric in the lens that would help add some flood. When I saw it I was expecting a strange UFO-ship looking beam, but they got the lens aim just right. All 9 LEDs converge into one bright spot. Ceiling bounce output is 5/15/25 Lumens form low to high. It can be held like a flashlight too, should you so desire. Its pretty flimsy feeling. Thats my biggest complaint. I got lucky on the tint lottery, mines perhaps a small hint of green color. I use scotch tape to flood out the beam at the lowest (5 Lumen) setting.

http://www.stanleytools.com/default...=Stanley®+Tripod+Flashlight+-+Camouflage

Last edited:

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
The model we are talking about it a little different. It uses 6AA batteries, and 3 LEDs. It can also be taken apart and used as 3 seperate flashlights.

At least, that is the one I am talking about, and pretty sure the one the title is mentioning. It actually is pretty bright, for what it is. In a bounce test it puts out more light than an RC-G2 and my other cheaper Cree AA lights. I didn't compare it to anything better. But being able to aim it any which way will be useful. There was a thread a little while back about tire changing, and I can see this would have been a useful light to have in the car.

I tested mine with ni-mh, haven't tried alks. It does say only use alkalines in the instructions, but then, it seems they all do anymore.