Agh! Lost a light

One2gofst

Newly Enlightened
Since purchasing it over a year ago, my EDC light has been a regular fenix P3D with a pair of RCR123s. It has been great, both in size and output for pretty much any mode of dress, but especially in my standard business casual.

A few months ago, it got even better when Mr.Shawn kindly gave me a pocket clip that fit the light. Now it could be even more accessible whenever I needed it.

Fast forward to yesterday. I went on a couple sales calls in the monring. came back to my hotel. Reached for my pocket and my stomach sank as there was no light there. I figured it might have fallen out in my car-no luck. I called my customers who said they hadn't seen anything but would let me know if they did.

I have other lights, but none that worked so well in my business attire. So it looks like I am out $60 for the light plus $12 for the batteries and a gift given to me by another light lover. Totally bummed right now and just wanted to vent a bit. Thanks.

okbohn

Newly Enlightened
It is SOOOO frustrating to lose a flashlight. I have 3 kids...believe me, I know how to lose one! :)

farmall

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about your loss. What I do is I stick a return address label on my batteries in the light. It also includes my phone number. I have only lost it once on a service call, but it did come back. I got a phone call about a month latter when the customer found it rolled under a cabinet.

aussiebob

Enlightened
Sorry to hear about your loss. What I do is I stick a return address label on my batteries in the light. It also includes my phone number. I have only lost it once on a service call, but it did come back. I got a phone call about a month latter when the customer found it rolled under a cabinet.
I do a simmilar thing, i put one of those post it stickers with name adress phone etc around the batts in the body.
If you put it on the batts wouldnt you have to change it with batts when they die??

Northern Lights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a flashlight today!

The trouble with that is it is one I lost last week. All I need is a slight distraction these days and I am off track.

Which brings me to this philosophy. I do not EDC anything I cannot afford to loose. Money and wealth are realative to life style and income. But I have no name brand loyalty as I see for some brands like the Fenix and Surefire. If the product is unique and cannot be duplicated so be it.
But for EDC if the cree in the light is no different from a generic to name brand, if it functions the same I will go for value.

That being said I have found a number of UltraFires, although generic, have functions and performance especially when sporting name brand LEDs that I do not mourn the loss.

I hope you can replace that light soon. I know the feeling of not being "complete".
That probably is the reason I have spare tires and spare EDC lights.

Last edited: