Upgrading hunting/camping lights

raider12

Newly Enlightened
For hunting, I currently use a Streamlight 4AA propoly lux as my main light. I use it for tracking, looking down trails in timber, or using the throw to find the best way to get out of a clearcut. I carry a Fenix L2T on my belt as a backup and for around camp.
I would like to upgrade both lights and to stick with AAs. I need the throw to be as good or better than the propoly with good spill. I like the two modes of the L2T. What would be the best combination with a budget of $125 shipped for both lights?

Thanks in advance.

raider12

Newly Enlightened
I was thinking about the TK20. If anyone has both, can they offer opinions on the propoly vs. TK20?

fishx65

Enlightened
I have 4 propoly 4AAs that I use for tracking. All of them where upgraded with seouls ($6.00 each). Much brighter with a ton more spill! Hard to beat a 4aa bright yellow plastic light with loooong burn time for hunting. Not that hard of an upgrade if you have a little skill and I have very little.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
IIRC the hardest part about Luxeon to Seoul swap is taking apart the module and getting to the LED.

Once you get past there it should be a pretty simple swap.

raider12

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all of the suggestions.
I read all of the threads on the TK20 and that looks like the way to go. I would like to see beamshot comparisons between the TK20 and propoly for throw if anyone has any.