Help Please?

Screwball

Newly Enlightened
Hi Folks
With your advice I have made up my mind to buy a Nitecore as my edc but I have still to choose between the d10 and the ex10 the only real benefit I acn see is the longer run time for the 123a batteries
I would value the opinions of the better informed /experienced folk here
Thanks

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
Hi Folks
With your advice I have made up my mind to buy a Nitecore as my edc but I have still to choose between the d10 and the ex10 the only real benefit I acn see is the longer run time for the 123a batteries
I would value the opinions of the better informed /experienced folk here
Thanks
Do like almost everybody here and buy both, and if you can´t decide which emiter, buy all four.:naughty:

brucec

Enlightened
It really comes down to your battery preference. An EX10 CR123 will give better performance (much brighter, longer running, cold weather performance, long term storage). A D10 AA will let you use rechargeable NiMH batteries or in a pinch alkaline. If you are using Li-Ion rechargeables, there isn't much difference other than size. My suggestion would be:
1. If you like to use rechargeables, get the the D10.
2. If you don't use rechargeables, get the EX10.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both and I find that the D10 thanks to its slimmer and slightly longer shape fits better in the pocket and in the hand. I feed it with AA lithium primaries and get out of it a good amount of light and a reasonably long runtime. :)

cimg1289ik4.jpg

Last edited:

Alan_P

Newly Enlightened
I have both. I keep the E10 in the car for emergencies and I use the D10 around the house. I use a 2700 mah NiMh in the D10 and I picked up some eneloops if I take a long trip. Both are great lights. You will be happy with either.

Alan

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't already have lights that use CR123 batteries, get the D10. For single cell lights it is not that hard to carry a spare cell to extend runtime. Lithium AAs are available for extra runtime, for cold weather performance and for extended shelf life if any of those are needed. AAs give you a lot of good options, including IMHO the best rechargeable option, Eneloops or Rayovac Hybrids. AAs will be less costly in the long run, especially if you get stuck and have to buy cells in a local store.

Screwball

Newly Enlightened
Cheers Guys
I think my first purchase will be the D10 then the EX10 then the GD emmiters then an Olight M20 then ,well you know how it goes:twothumbs

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the EX10 GDP - the reason I like it is the smooth usable beam - battery lasts ages - and being small I always have it with me - but the best thing I find with it for me is it is small enough to hold in my mouth when I need two hands :thumbsup:

Screwball

Newly Enlightened
I have found a set of Ross re-chargeable AA they are 2700mah would these be ok in a D10

Alloy Addict

Enlightened
I agonized over this decision for two weeks until I ordered the D10 combo pack from 4sevens last night. I still haven't gotten it of course, but I'll tell you why I decided to get that over the EX10.

There are three main reasons I opted for the D10. The first being the 14500 batteries from AW seem to perform almost the same as the AW RCR123 cells. They are both 3.7V and 450mAh. Most of the light readings I've looked at gave both lights on the AW rechargeables very close Lux readings. At least as far as I could tell. The rechargeables definitely seem to give more output than alkaline AAs.

That brings me to the second reason, I can get AAs anywhere. Lithium AAs are also available if I need cold weather performance and the run of the mill AAs are there for emergencies. I have a few CR123 based lights, and I've got a small stockpile of cells, but after losing power for 6 days recently the common AA started to look pretty good.

Lastly I saw two pictures here on the forums of EX10s that had broken or right at the base of the male threads. I had initially wanted an EX10 because the stainless bezel ring made it look stronger. When I saw the pictures of the broken lights and noticed how thin the metal is in the grooves on the head I had to pause. Looking at the pictures I could find online of the D10 with the head off I realized that it has the male threads on the body of the light and they looked like there "might" be more metal there. I won't know for sure until I get it in the mail. It isn't going to be a lot of difference, but it may not need to be. I haven't seen any pictures of broken D10s. This may be flawed logic, but I'll see.

If I really love the light I may go ahead and get an EX10 also anyway, because I believe that 4sevens will stand by his product. I'm actually just hoping they will come out with the next generation with a slightly beefier construction.

Then there was the question of whether or not to get the Cree or the Osram GDP...:whistle: