First Headlamp Mod Completed

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
http://woodbender.freeservers.com/photo2.html

I just finished my first headlamp mod and it ROCKS!!! This is my first mod using a resistor. On the advice from Wayne at Elektro Lumens, I planned on using a 1w 3ohm resistor. I couldn't find a 3ohm so I have a 2.2ohm resistor in it. I may be pushing it, but I wanted to finish it tonight. If I burn it up, I'll know to listen to Wayne next time. I really like the switch on the light and it is waterproof to 100ft. I'll be in the woods in the next couple of weeks, and I look forward to trying this light out. Thanks to this site and to everyone that has inspired me to make my own mods. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow!

that is a very professional looking mod!

where did you get those al plates? they didn't come with the light did they?

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
Rothrandir

I have 12 Fadal machining centers at work, so I designed the aluminum and abs parts and cut them out. If I only had a lathe.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
i have a small lathe, so if you ever need a heatsink or two made, let me know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

woodbender

Newly Enlightened
Responder 4AA Headlamp Mod

I finally got around to figuring out how to load pictures with the post. I went ahead and added some more resistance so I didnt' burn up the led. I did a comparison of the beam with the original bulb, with an EverLed and with the 30mm optic. There is absolutely no comparison in the beams. I'll add beamshots later. This is a very nice headlamp and it has plenty of room inside for the optic and other "guts". I decided to double heatsink it since there was plenty of room.
mvc-042f.jpg

mvc-046f.jpg

mvc-049f.jpg

mvc-050f.jpg