New Surefire C3 Question

Catman10

Enlightened
Hello,
I've just purchased a surefire c3 and it will be my first "serious" light. I am thinking of buying the KL3 Led attachment head, but am wondering if it is worth the price, and also if anyone knows if surefire might put out a luxeon led attachment any time soon. I am also wondering if there are any must have accesory items or any not often used ones. Thanks

Size15's

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF catman10!

The SureFire KL3 is a 1W Luxeon unit.
SureFire's 2003 Catalogue has a 5W Luxeon "KL5" which is intended for two or three SF123A standard bodies like the C2 or C3.

Although there is no ETA for this model, we get the impression that the KL4 for the E2e will be released first.

I suggest you get an SC1 which will hold a spare Lamp Assembly (in this case I suggest a P91 (200Lu/20min) and six SF123A batteries)

Another part I strongly suggest you consider is a KT2-HA TurboHead Bezel for your C3 (assuming it's HA?). The KT2 is also available in Black.

My feeling is that you'd have a better investment in the KL5 rather than the KL3.

Enjoy!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
The KT2 Turbohead is practically yelling to be put on that C3... it's probably one of the best SureFire additions/upgrade you can make to your C3.

Pricewise, I personally believe that the KT2 is more bang for the buck than the KL3 bezel that you're looking at. Just my opinion, of course, but it depends entirely on what you will ultimately use the C3 for.

And to reiterate what Al mentioned, I think you would have a much better investment by waiting for the 5W Luxeon KL5 if you don't have any urgent need for a long running light source.

Welcome to CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

Catman10

Enlightened
Thanks a lot for the advice. I think that I will wait for the KL5 to come out. Does anyone know an approx. month?Hopefully it won't be too expensive as well, I could almost buy another light for the cost of the KL3 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif.

shrap

Enlightened
Surefire doesn't release expected shipping dates for new products. We will know about the KL5 when we can preorder it. Otherwise, your guess is as good as mine.

Cost wise - I'm pretty sure it will be expensive. Maybe more expensive than the entire light. But you have to factor that you will never have to buy another lamp assembly again.