LED has taken over cheap 6v lanterns

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if anyone has posted on this yet "I checked the search function" But I wanted to post this. People are always saying how LEDs will replace Incans and I normally thought no way. Well until I stopped off at the flashlight section in sears and saw this:eek:. http://www.dorcy.com/products.aspx?p=411046 I know I'll always be able to buy Incans from surefire and online retailers, but I think we are approaching the point were all brick and mortar stores will only have LED. The cheap 6 volt lantern was supposed to stay the same the longest I thought. Anyone buying one probably doesn't care for LEDs or any other fancy stuff. But for $14 with a battery it's not even that bad of a deal. Also their normal stock of cheap 1,000,000 powered spotlights were replaced by Dorcy and Coleman LED ones.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
13 5mm LEDs? that is 260ma at spec or about 1/3 the normal current used by the 750ma bulb. I wouldn't have one of those for the simple reason it is a WASTE of a 6v lantern battery. They should put 3 Crees in it instead or at least 1 cree driven at 750ma to at least give it some lumens and throw.