I'm sure I'm a flashaholic, and I have proof:

Blikbok

Enlightened
I\'m sure I\'m a flashaholic, and I have proof:

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I wanted to share.

I held out on buying an Arc AAA for the longest time, but finally gave in. Why? Because I have a light which uses three AAAs, and I had one left over from every pack. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

onelight

Enlightened
Re: You might be a flashaholic if....

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif When you tell your wife you are going across the street to see a neighbor, and she asks "Are you going to play flashlights with Mike?" Some people do not understand the importance of comparing beams on the garage ceiling..... We just get no respect.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Catapult

Enlightened

... you can't decide on which one of your many flashlights should be your EDC today, so you take 'em all.

You might be a superhuman flashaholic if you can smell a flashlight around the corner. "Sniff, sniff, there's an Arc nearby!"

star882

Enlightened

You integrate lights into your other hobbies.
Seriously, you install a window in your computer so you can add Luxeons to the inside, you figure out a way to get Luxeons to flash to music(3 Luxeons(red, green, and blue) flashing to Britney Spears is sure fun), and you install blue LEDs in your computer and network hub.
Britney Spears + high voltage + disposable camera = loads of fun
My friend Christina Mahoney decided to play with electronics, so she got out a bug zapper transformer, a disposable camera, a variable current-limited bench power supply(0-400v(she designs and builds SMPSes)), and a high-powered stereo system.
She connected the primary of the bug zapper transformer to the aux output on the amplifier, connected the secondary of the transformer to the reflector of the flash tube in the camera(she disconnected the existing transformer first(other lead of transformer connects to cathode of flash tube)), and connected the bench power supply(set to 300v, 0.5A) to the flash capacitor.
Then she turns on the bench power supply, loads a Britney Spears CD in the stereo, and there the fun begins.
The room filled with bright light flashing to the music.
She decided to stop after the first song, and when she inspected the flash tube, the (plastic)reflector is demolished, but the tube is fine.
How's that for overclocking a flash tube?

Greta

Flashaholic

I told David that I wouldn't be around last night because I was going out. He asked, "What flashlights are you taking?"... I didn't even flinch, didn't even hesitate, didn't have to think at all... "An Arc AAA and my sexy Stylus."... He did point out my poor form in bringing two LEDs and not my G2. Again, without flinching or hesitation, I realized that he was correct and I immediately dug in my purse and removed my hair clippy thing to make room for my G2. Now wanna hear the really funny part? We ended up at some people's house who are remodeling and they didn't have any front lights... so in order to get to the front door, I had to use my G2.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast

...If no matter how much you've convinced yourself that you're only going into Maplin for a pack of resistors and capacitors on the way past...you always come out with those, and a flashlight. In this case a 1MCP (Supposedly...but it sure is bright anyway) spotlight, which caused my mother to near enough skin me alive when I got home...but I don't care about that...getting the light was worth it.

B@rt

Flashaholic

...your friends two year old daughters first question when she sees you is : "where are the lights?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Blikbok

Enlightened

Mr.Bulk:
read my post in reply to that thread. I've changed the title of this one to better reflect my intent. I searched for that thread, knowing it was there, but was unable to find it.