I'm glad the earth is flat

raggie33

*the raggedier*
well if they really went thats mind blowing i can get lost in walmart im not even joking

jtr1962

Flashaholic
ill admit not 100 percent sure we went to the moon! it just seems impossible to me that in 1960s we would have that kind of tech and faking it would scare the ussr
Really, the only major advancement since then has been in computing power. Now we can monitor more things on a spacecraft, and replace a lot of the clutter with touch screens. Propulsion technology hasn't fundamentally changed. Today's rocket engines are marginally more efficient and somewhat more reliable, but in general you don't get much more specific impulse from any given type of fuel. Now we're focused on reusability to lower the cost of sending stuff into space. The lunar missions back then were kind of a one-off show mostly to one-up the USSR, not a path to eventually commercializing space. Cost was no object.

We probably could have gone to the moon in the 1950s if WWII didn't happen. We had analog computers based on op-amp vacuum tubes back then.

The real advances in space travel will come from fusion-powered spacecraft which can reach the outer planets in mere weeks. I'd say that's at least a generation off. Until then, even getting to Mars is a long, slow journey.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
naw, we will not get far if we travel, we need something else. the universe is huge, i do not think speed of light is the limit, it is too damn slow on cosmic scale. there are anecdotal evidence that information can travel instantly over any distance.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I'd love to think faster than light travel is possible. If not, the only way to travel beyond the few local stars would be multigenerational spaceships. You would be condemning those born mid-voyage to living out their lives on a tin can in space.

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, 100% for real. They're intended for use by NASA and other scientific groups though. A regular handheld laser pointer won't work.

Another article.
This, by itself, of course, is not in any way any kind of proof that man walked on the moon. It does prove, however, that other non-manned trips by other countries resulted in deposited reflectors on the moon's surface.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
I believe that man has walked on the moon. Not because the press or the gubment says so. But because a few crazy air force pilots tried it and lived to tell about it. I have enough respect for the astronauts who say it happened to believe it happened.

I don't believe the 2020 pandemic was planned. I do however believe an accident was turned into a hastily crafted, carefully executed plot to test the way the human race would handle such a catastrophe in the new millenium. And I also believe the results were just what the executioners had hoped for. A willingly subdued western culture populice.

Last edited: