atlanta is the worst place on earth

raggie33

*the raggedier*
at least to drive thru omg its pure hell on a motorcycle i was so damn hot so thirtsty like 7 lanes on 85 just at a damn stand still. sun beating down trucks in front of me so i cant even see when the city ends. . and im the idiot who did it in rush hour traffic 3 times i was just going to wait to 8pm, but i was just to tired had no where to go. so i push thru was on the road friday for over 12 hours round trip. ina car easy on a bike it sucks.. i called the atl mayor asked him kindly to move the city to kentucky and he just hung up so rude!!!!

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why are you driving through Atlanta?? I would go around a traffic-hell city like that even if it added an hour to my road trip.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
there realy is no way to avoid atl for me i live in georgetown ga and have to go to gainesville ga. i at one point thought i was going to pass out i was so thirsty but realy was afraid to stop my luck id stop in the worst part of the city. i was so grateful for bridges due to the shade they provided

Back during the early 80s a friend and I drove through LA on Interstate 5 in his 72 MGB roadster. Traffic was 70MPH and the truck tires were right at head level. It was nerve-racking.

Of course, we had a half rack of ice-cold 16-ouncers to stay hydrated. So, there was that.

ROAD TRIP! 🍻

Monocrom

Flashaholic
at least to drive thru omg its pure hell on a motorcycle i was so damn hot so thirtsty like 7 lanes on 85 just at a damn stand still. sun beating down trucks in front of me so i cant even see when the city ends. . and im the idiot who did it in rush hour traffic 3 times i was just going to wait to 8pm, but i was just to tired had no where to go. so i push thru was on the road friday for over 12 hours round trip. ina car easy on a bike it sucks.. i called the atl mayor asked him kindly to move the city to kentucky and he just hung up so rude!!!!
Should have offered a huge donation to his re-election fund. 😉

Poppy

Flashaholic
i called the atl mayor asked him kindly to move the city to kentucky and he just hung up so rude!!!!
Should have offered a huge donation to his re-election fund. 😉
How about we move this anti-government poop to the underground.
Maybe you would be happier in Russia, where the wings of your airplane fall off.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
spent some time at Fort Benning Army Base in Columbus, GA. In august! It was fun 😂

Poppy

Flashaholic
I spent three years of my life just East of Dobbins Air Force Base. They were among the best years of my life. I ran through the woods of Georgia, and hiked the GA, AL boarder, floated down the Chattahoochee river, and danced and picked up women in many clubs in and around Atlanta.

I never had a problem in a "locals bar".

On the East coast, the Atlanta beltway, Fort lauderdale beltway, the Richmond beltway, the Washington Beltway, and the Baltimore beltway, are there for a reason. They are there to avert traffic from the center of the city. If one is capable of planning he would try to avoid those at high traffic times. They for the most part can't accommodate the high flow of traffic of these days.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
Why are you driving through Atlanta?? I would go around a traffic-hell city like that even if it added an hour to my road trip.
I spent three years of my life just East of Dobbins Air Force Base. They were among the best years of my life. I ran through the woods of Georgia, and hiked the GA, AL boarder, floated down the Chattahoochee river, and danced and picked up women in many clubs in and around Atlanta.

I never had a problem in a "locals bar".

On the East coast, the Atlanta beltway, Fort lauderdale beltway, the Richmond beltway, the Washington Beltway, and the Baltimore beltway, are there for a reason. They are there to avert traffic from the center of the city. If one is capable of planning he would try to avoid those at high traffic times. They for the most part can't accommodate the high flow of traffic of these days.
been there many times i lived in marrietta and used to watch the planes do touch and goes

Poppy

Flashaholic
I did a short stint as security at a trucking firm that is positioned at the end of a runway. I was delighted when the "Thunder birds" put on a show, and passed right over my head. They flew in formation, with the lead jet flying upside down, and just as they passed over head, the lead jet rolled over and flew upside up.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
IMG_0487.jpeg

IMG_0488.jpeg

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
At least you weren't driving through Los Angeles. There you have to dodge bullets from the shootings that take place on the freeways. If you happen to own an electric car, charge it up before entering the city and once you've left it. The wires for the charging stations have been stolen to sell for scrap metal. The motorcycle expressway is between the two sets of solid double yellow lines. There is no rush hour. All 24 hours are bumper to bumper. While it's cooler in L.A., the air is barely breathable. People living there don't trust air they can't see.