LED drop in for 1.5V?

smuggas

Newly Enlightened
I have a Aleph 17500 body, Aleph bald tail with McClicky and SF E-series head, all in black. I found a plastic tube that reduces the body to take a single AA size cell.

Now, i´m looking for a LED drop in for it, just like my E-MT F1 Koala/Yclo custom for 3V wich does a great job for me :twothumbs

Are there any for 1.5V?

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can get much higher regulation efficiency and longer runtime if you just use a 17500.

Also, it's much easier and more efficient to get high current to the LED with a higher supply voltage.

smuggas

Newly Enlightened
You can get much higher regulation efficiency and longer runtime if you just use a 17500.

Also, it's much easier and more efficient to get high current to the LED with a higher supply voltage.

Yep, this i understand. The reason i ask for this drop-in is that i want to be able to find batterier wherever i go without charging. Also, i guess that a drop-in like this works fine at 3V and i can feed it with one CR123 and a dummy to fill the gap when possible, as i do now.
The lamp is so nice to handle that i would pay for a custom led, just don't know where to look for it.

About the regulation, have a Nitecore D10 in frequent use so i know what a LED lamp can deliver from a single AA.

Last edited:

flip

Enlightened
donn has a modified Surefire KX1 head for sale in the custom section that looks like it would work for you.

Latest posts