Apollo: The Ultimate $72 2D -- NOT!!

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Um, that thing is positively phallic. Where's the condom compartment? Which end is the head? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif
It's a good thing that the guys who worked Rodney King over weren't carrying these, huh?

This thing is a perfect example of frill, instead of function. YUK! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing it's actually a 700MAH (.7Amp) bulb...The Wash. Post is probably using already skewed info. in regards to the 7Amp light bulb rating.
--dan

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks like a freakin Novigear knockoff... Hmm.. 28 Watts, huh... I'd like to keep my fingers from melting away...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm,

I wouldn't be surprised if that thing had a vibrate mode. "Does that make you horny, baby? Randy?"

W

B@rt

Flashaholic
The bulb is a 2.4V 0.7A krypton one from Philips, and at 23 cm, the light is a lot bigger than the Novigear... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Looks like a single headed Flik-Lite too... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
wow, a designer flashlight... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

i must admit...it is kind of attractive...

Shark

Enlightened
Looks good but is that a case or a coffin it's sitting in? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

binky

Flashlight Enthusiast
It does appear to have a focusing lens. That's one aspect worth investigating/verifying, no?

Reminds me of an updated version of this beauty in this thread, owned by jcb:
fcce829f.jpg

And a similar owned by PsychoBob and probably (hopefully?) many other members.

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bart:

Thanks for the link.

Back to the Apollo - any idea what kind of switch it uses? Also, 2.25" diameter, I hope that is the head end... otherwise it is VERY wide for D cells.