How rare is a SUREFIRE E2E BLACK?

H2Orower

Enlightened
Got a chance to buy one and was wondering how rare they are and whats the going price?

Good question. At this time, I think it's a bit of a stretch to call the E2E-BK "rare". I would say it's "potentially rare" since SF no longer makes them, but until the existing supply is bought up, it's hard to call them rare. Afterall, one can go online to a major SF dealer (lapolicegear.com), like I recently did, and purchase brand new E2E-BKs or E1E-BKs. They're actually less money than the olive drab versions cause they're considered "closeouts/discontinued"

Regardless, I believe the black E2E is really sharp looking and desirable. Eventually, there will be less and less available, nearly all preowned, and then perhaps considered "rare".

Last edited:

mhubble

Enlightened
Thats about what I thought, I just got one today from LAPOLICEGEAR for 75.00 shipped. I had seen one in the B/S/T that was listed as rare and was curious. I think Ill post this deal in the GOOD DEALS section.

SureAddicted

Enlightened
I'd say there on the way to acquiring that title. For starter's, they stopped making them in 2006, and not a lot of places sell them, not even SF. You do see them on B/S/T periodically, I suspect that would dwindle. Having said that, what I would consider "rare" is the E2E CJ, or the uber rare red E2E.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
I had the same exact question in mind. I was going to place an order at lapolicegear seeing how at the time they were the only place I knew that still offered the E2E as a SureFire product for sale. After looking through the new pricing list that SureFire released, I noticed that I can order E2Es in black along with E1Es in black as well. I'm guess they aren't rare but are rather uncommon. In a few weeks I think I will order one from work and get the wholesale price rather than what I was going to pay at LAPOLICEGEAR. :twothumbs

matt0

Enlightened
TW4 is basically a 1cell L4. An E1E body and a KL4. I'm not 100% sure on this but I think you need to use a 3.7V cell for it as well.

Illum

Flashaholic
the old version KL4s no, the new version [new version luxV] will only operate at ~75% capacity so yes. not sure of the new cree models though, but pretty sure those are buck circuits only

LightKnife

Newly Enlightened
E2E's or E1E's are not that rare OHQ had a bunch of them not too long ago and people were buying them at a premium at the BST. I guess you just have to know where to look for. I've had a chance to get a BK L1 but didn't because it was RED LED if i knew heheh :naughty: other than that i really don't care i like Nat HAIII better because they are more durable finish.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
An E2e with black HA, including a hard anodised black Z52 is rare. Otherwise...not rare at all.

Regards,
Tempest