i pay 10$ for pics of DX sku.13097 and sku.16607!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutzbeuazen

Newly Enlightened
Hello together,

sorry for the semi-crosspost because of topic-change.
Here i ask for detail pics of
TrustFire TR-802 Cree Q5-WC sku.13097
Cree Q5-WC 6-Mode Memory sku.16607

if anyone posts a pic with a look into the head of those two flashlight i will gladly paypal 10$ to him or cpf!

anyone?

Manuel

Last edited by a moderator:

krutzbeuazen

Newly Enlightened
the point is that it will take weeks again to receive them, and i need them naow (of course)! i just want to make sure i get what i need instead of ordering again and again, as i already did, with no success..

manuel

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
why don't you invest into better flashlights that will be more trustworthy and useful to begin with. Fenix P3D, PD30, and L2D. You're just wasting time and money. Haven't you seen how many people are dissatisfied with what they get from DX or that the thing runs for a week and dies?

Yeah, they cost more than that Cr&%$$# on DX but chances are much better it will work failure free for years.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
why don't you invest into better flashlights that will be more trustworthy and useful to begin with. Fenix P3D, PD30, and L2D. You're just wasting time and money. Haven't you seen how many people are dissatisfied with what they get from DX or that the thing runs for a week and dies?

Yeah, they cost more than that Cr&%$$# on DX but chances are much better it will work failure free for years.

I own one of those DX Trustfire lights, and I don't think you know what you're talking about.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dont forget, some of us started our hobby buying cheap China made lights :D

krutzbeuazen

Newly Enlightened

"Fenix is a LED flashlight manufacturer based in Shenzhen, China[...]"

no, i have no representative customer-study about how many people are satisfied and how many arent. you think some dozen people on cpf talking about their DX light means much? you have any clue what their flashlight sales figures are?

i only use the host, removing anything inside except the switch. i dont expect much to fail on a cylindrical aluminum-tube, once it arrived in good condition.

no offense, Gman. i'm just a bit pi***d about some facts: there are no flashlights available on my continent. the ones i buy travel halfway around the world, being ridiculously expensive or not as promised/expected. i was waiting around a month to receive wrong hosts, and cant seem to get any known good ones in reasonable time and cost at all. over 200 views in this topic, and noone seem to have these flashlights.
(youre welcome to explain me how fenix' and others pricetag are made!)
*mutters in beard*

manuel

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not order flashlights from a US company who will stand behind the goods they sell. There are companies in europe who produce flashlights BTW.
Have a look for ORB in the UK.
There are lots of hosts surefire and others available on the CPF sales forums. These will likley be of higher quality than ANYTHING sold by the very unreliable DX.
All you have to do is look at the build up of JEERS over the years to know that they are not a good operation to do business with.
Your other option is to buy some aluminum and a cad program and find a machine shop to make parts for you.
Yaesumofo

the point is that it will take weeks again to receive them, and i need them naow (of course)! i just want to make sure i get what i need instead of ordering again and again, as i already did, with no success..

manuel

jirik_cz

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.fenixlight.com/company/index.htm
i only use the host, removing anything inside except the switch. i dont expect much to fail on a cylindrical aluminum-tube, once it arrived in good condition.

no offense, Gman. i'm just a bit pi***d about some facts: there are no flashlights available on my continent.

What about Led-lenser :D ?

Btw. If you want just a host take a look on a Burkett. It is available as an empty host too for comparable price to the trustfire. http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=184071
You can find a detailed photos of pill and other parts in the thread.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
My two Romisen lights and Superfire have proven to be just as reliable as my Surefires, sure they are not as hefty feeling and don't come with a SF-type warranty, but for the price they are an excellent choice. The RC-N3 in particular, gets dropped and trashed on repeatedly on the job, and has the dents, gouges and scratches to prove it. I am certain that shiningbeam would take care of their customers in the event of a DOA product.

My cheapest light is a $13 RC-C3, my most expensive is a $170 M2. I think both products are good, serviceable and reliable... depending on the application. There are many times I prefer my cheaper DX lights to my more costly ones. The fact that cheaper lights can also be brighter (depending on the light), further tips the value-scale in their direction.

Last edited:

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seem to agree with Kramer, i have a small collection of Romisen lights and none have failed me yet.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello together,

sorry for the semi-crosspost because of topic-change.
Here i ask for detail pics of
TrustFire TR-802 Cree Q5-WC sku.13097
Cree Q5-WC 6-Mode Memory sku.16607

if anyone posts a pic with a look into the head of those two flashlight i will gladly paypal 10$ to him or cpf!

anyone?

Manuel

A little over a year ago I did not want to pay the price for a Fenix light (L2DCE) but since then I have bought five Fenix lights and a Nitecore D10. I have HAD and still have a couple of the DX lights. My advice is to do what you have to do to get a Fenix or Nitecore light, they are worth the money they cost and are very reasonable compared to $urefire:xyxgun:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ogg Vorbis

Newly Enlightened
For the original point of the post, I'm afraid I don't have any experience of these two lights,

However, I've experienced many lights from DX, including the Stainless steel C3, various Romisen lights, trustfire, MTE, and aurora lights. Having said that, I've also had Fenix P2D, P1D, L0D, Nitecore NDI, D10, Surefire E2D, 6P and many others and the simple fact is you get what you pay for.

The DX lights are great value for money, and if they don't work the first time, then I think part of the fun is having to fix them or mod them. Every time I get a new light from DX I stick a battery in, test it, take it to bits, see how it looks, improve it, and adjust it to how I like it.

I personally carry a L0D on my keys and a Nitecore D10, then if I'm going out purposly in the dark I'll take my new Surefire 6P, with DX drop-in, and thats about it. The lights I've collected along the way make pretty nice ornaments in my room, and I can easily sell them on if I want.

But be sure to check Fenix out! Even a second hand one from the market place BST will see you well. But beware, what ever you buy it wont be your last!

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
The OP is looking for hosts to make (laser?) pointers.

Seems like a waste to buy Fenix or other higher priced lights just to gut them and convert them.

DM51

Flashaholic
1. This forum is not a DX advertisement site.
2. Cross-posting is not permitted.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.