FENIX P3D DIFFERENCES??

kotaguchi

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I don't much about lights so maybe can someone tell me what the differences are in these Fenix P3D:

-P3D CE Premium Q5

-P3D RB100

-P3D Premium 100

What prices do each command?

Thanks,

Ko

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The difference is the emitter; The RB100 and "Premium 100" are the same thing, either refers to a Luxeon Rebel LED. The Q5 refers to the Cree Q5 LED.

The Rebel has a warmer tint that's similar to an incandescent bulb, with slightly less output and slightly more runtime.

The Q5 has a cool white tint with a marginally less even beam profile (a bit more "ringy"), more output with slightly less runtime.

Users prefer the Rebel for outdoor use for how well it renders natural colors, while the Q5 is more general-purpose popular. Both are usually sold at the same price.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Rebel 100 one will be harder to find as Lumileds recalled the Rebel 100 l.e.d.s awhile ago. They were failing prematurely. The Rebel 100 is comparable in efficiency to a Cree Q5 l.e.d. but tends to have a warmer tint which is better for outdoors. The Cree Q5 can be run in a P3D at a higher current which makes it brighter. Fenix had a warning with the Rebel 100 P3D not to use it on turbo for more than 10 minutes at a time. I think the Rebel may be more efficient at lower currents (It has a lower operating voltage and should be able to drain batteries lower.)