Looking for a small spotlight

Catseye

Newly Enlightened
Need something that has more distance than my Surge in about the same size(a light that is fairly easy to pack) and price range(Surefire is a little out of my budget).Have read a few posts on how good the SL6 is and would like to know if its just brighter or actually throws farther? I'm open to suggestions.

rycen

Enlightened
The sl4 and sl6 both throw further than the surge.The sl4 and sl6 have about the same throw but the sl6 will cover a larger area at distance.The pelican super sabre light has a very narrow beam but will throw far.

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
If runtime is not major concern, Stinger HP might be another good option.

Alan

jabajet

Newly Enlightened
If interested, I have a NIB Pelican Stealthlite for sale in Buy/Sale/Trade.

Catseye

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys for your help. I just orderer a SL6 from Brightguy. From what I've read it'll be a good light. Are there any beam pics or in depth reviews of the larger dive lights like the Shockwave,Nemo 8c,Sunlight 8c, etc,etc?

rlhess

Enlightened
The D8 is great--two lamps that move into the focus as you move the switch. Claimed 7 hours run time. 75% more light than the SL6. Broad coverage but no deep throw.

When I go outside at night, the D8 is my light of choice as I see things in the periphery that I don't see with the SL6. But it's nice to have the SL6 to "probe."

Cheers,

Richard