Novatac Clip with a Surefire G2LED using a z59 Clickie....

hotbossa

Newly Enlightened
I want to get a clickie tailcap for my G2LED Surefire. I am running the Novatac clip with the O ring right now and I love the set up. If I get the Z59 tail cap can I loose the O ring and just run the tail cap sinched down with the Novatac clip? Are thier any reliablity issues with the set up? Thanks!

:popcorn:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Others feel free to chime in here. In my experience with running a Z59 on a Nitrolon body, you can't run a lanyard ring or a Novatac clip. The tailcap needs to be screwed extremely tightly onto the body to make correct contacts and function properly. With the clip in place, the light may not illuminate as intended.

hotbossa

Newly Enlightened
Dang, that stinks. Does the Aluminum bodied version have the same problems?

ElGreco

Newly Enlightened
On the Aluminium bodies there will be a gap between the bodie and tailswitch. Perfectly sized for a C tail o-ring, lanyard, or pocket clip.

hotbossa

Newly Enlightened
Update: I went ahead and purchased a Z59 to run on my G2Z with the Novatac clip and..........IT WORKS LIKE A CHARM!! No problems. When I bought the clip form Lighthound I also purchased some GITD O rings as a spacer for the clip. The O ring helps to stabalize the clip even when running the Z59. I liked my light before and now I love it! All I need is a Malkoff drop in and I am set!!

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have a Novatec clip on a G2 but with a different setup.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res6s3ku/...pictures/.pond/20081011_0908.jpg.w560h724.jpg

It has a Malkoff M60 with an Mc2ES switch to prevent overheating the LED. It's become my favorite light for nightly walks/hikes as the low mode allows sufficient illumination with full power available as needed. The clip works great and I love the feel of nitrolon in cold/wet weather.

hotbossa

Newly Enlightened
I also have a Novatec clip on a G2 but with a different setup.

http://mysite.verizon.net/res6s3ku/...pictures/.pond/20081011_0908.jpg.w560h724.jpg

It has a Malkoff M60 with an Mc2ES switch to prevent overheating the LED. It's become my favorite light for nightly walks/hikes as the low mode allows sufficient illumination with full power available as needed. The clip works great and I love the feel of nitrolon in cold/wet weather.

Nice. So you use the Mc2ES for the low function on the M60? That way you can run the M60 in the G2 with out worrying about overheating the led while still having the high out capability when you need it? Has that switch caused any premature battery drainage?

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
No premature battery drainage and I lockout the tailcap when not in use. It's a great option for twisty SF tailcaps. I have another one on a 6P GM w/M60.

elumen8

Enlightened

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not silly at all... You're correct the clip ring is much too small to fit between the body and the bezel so I cut the ring and stretched to cover about 2/3rds of the body end. It takes a little adjustment but when tightened down it's rock solid. It holds very tight in my front BDU pockets.

Mikellen

Enlightened
Anybody know if the Novatac clip will fit onto a 2008 Inova T1 or a Streamlight Strion? Both of these lights have a 1" diameter.

Thank you.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone with a Novatac clip care to take a measurement of the ID please? I know they're supposed to fit most 1" lights, I'd like to use it with a .858" light body.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I made the ring cut directly opposite the clip. You'll need to cut out quite a bit and reshape the ring - some trial and error is required.