malkoff update :D

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
i recently posted that my malkoff 2-3 D was :(

but after playing with some more lights over the last few days (nightcore/novatac) i can say now that it is in fact amazing.

the first real light i ever owned was a romisen rc-n3 very highly regarded budget light $17, has an extremely bright hotspot (110-130 lumens?) when i got the malkoff at 240 lumens i expected it to be twice as bright.

well the malkoff does produce twice as much light, its just a much bigger hotspot and a different (color?) to the romisen

just wanted to post a more educated review of the malkoff

it really is EXCELLENT.

not a flame thrower, but an excellent amount of light with great color and incredible runtimes (2-4 hours) @ 240 lumens.

my next purchase will probably be a tripple dropin from malkoff.

when hes got some for sale.:popcorn:

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
romisen rc-n3 very highly regarded budget light $17, has an extremely bright hotspot (110-130 lumens?) when i got the malkoff at 240 lumens i expected it to be twice as bright.
Congrats on the Malkoff purchase

I'm sure someone will chime in very soon to correct me as I can't seem to find the link explaining perceived lumens. Basically, the light won't appear to be twice as bright, because the eye perceives light algorithmically. A Polarion PH50, while very bright at ~5000 lumens, won't appear to be 500 times brighter than a Fenix E01.

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many people have said that you need double the lumens for it to be noticeably brighter, and about 10 times the lumens to be twice as bright.

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
The Malkoff Mag unit is a quality product for sure. 240lm is not state of the art by today's standards, but the excellent heatsinking and fantastic runtimes turn a mag light into a very useful tool.

Force Attuned

Enlightened
The Malkoff Mag unit is a quality product for sure. 240lm is not state of the art by today's standards, but the excellent heatsinking and fantastic runtimes turn a mag light into a very useful tool.

I had to fiddle with mine a bit when screwing the device in the Maglite chamber...but when I hit the hot spot I was very impressed.

Love the fat beam of light that seems to go forever, just love the range on it.

And yeah, the battery runtimes are fantastic too.