Hey Guys- 2 quick questions

Capt America

Newly Enlightened
Hey, I have an Inova X5, batteries are out. Can I put Surefire 123a batteries in it, or are Surefire batteries mainly made for the Surefire flashlights? If not, should I just put Energizer in, or what?

2nd question- I need a quality key chain flashlight. As far as those go, what's the rave these days?

Thanks,
Capt

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Q1. I'm not familiar with the X5 but if you previously had 2xCR123 primary cells in it then Surfire cells will work fine. I personally choose SF cells as my experience tells me they have a longer shelf life than other cells that are more easily available in the UK (Duracell, Everready).

Q2. In no real order my recommdations would be...

Photon....every keychain should have one
Arc AAA, lowish output and generally bluish in tint but built like a tank with very long runtimes
Fenix EO1 - very well thought of here
Orb RAW NS/Ti or Draco/Drake - very bright and the jury is equally split over which wins - you need to accept rechargeable only option though for all but the Orb Al RAW.
Endeavors Mako - TBD but looks wicked
PhotonFanatics Killer - any colour you like including black:D and allows button or AAA battery choice
Surefire Titan - some carry on a key chain but it's a bit too large for this IMHO and you need to make sure you get a good one as this was a limited release and there was a disproportionate number of bad ones. A good one is very good though.
Endeavor Aeon - as above apart from the fact that all that were released work perfectly (I think)

Have a look around:thumbsup:
Hods

toolpig1

Enlightened
Surefire batteries are fine to use. Lots of companies make CR123 cells, just the same as there are so many different brands of AAA, AA, C, and D. Some are reported to be better than others. Check out the battery and electronics section, I recall reading a thread that listed the performance of the various name brands.

Lately, lots of talk about the Fenix EO1 for a keychain light. Do a search, there's plenty to read about this little $15 light.

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
dont forget to put the batts in in reverse

Caution: didnt read carefully enough. with the "T" models its reverse inserting, dont know of the "X" ones!!!

Last edited:

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
You can probably use your old SureFire cells that will not power many other lights in your X5. This light does pretty well as a battery drainer and will run quite some time on depleted cells.

If you are just experimenting with your choice of keychain carry for 15 dollars you cant go wrong with the Fenix EO1. If you wish to start out bigger and better (also much more costly) anything by Orb I will say is a good choice. Straight forward design and simple by nature and I simply love my Raw NS made by Orb.

isneyk

Newly Enlightened
I agree with Robocop. This is a good juice-sucker. :thumbsup:
Any brand is fine as long as they are primaries, only some are better than others & yes positive end towards TC.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my DX R2 Aurora buckle light, though it's use is somewhat limited seeing as it draws 1 amp from it's single AAA battery, getting runtimes of only about 15-20 minutes from a nimh. But the amount of light it puts out for such a small light is astounding.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Hey, I have an Inova X5, batteries are out. Can I put Surefire 123a batteries in it, or are Surefire batteries mainly made for the Surefire flashlights? If not, should I just put Energizer in, or what?

2nd question- I need a quality key chain flashlight. As far as those go, what's the rave these days?

Thanks,
Capt

Surefires not only will work, but they are one of the better (safer, USA made) ones.

IIRC Duracell, Panasonic (real ones) and energizers are all USA made cells.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
dont forget to put the batts in in reverse

Caution: didnt read carefully enough. with the "T" models its reverse inserting, dont know of the "X" ones!!!

Yup, put the batteries in backwards compared to lights from most other companies.

The only X-series exception being the X1. Be sure to insert the cell nipple-down in that model.