Surefire T1A Titan before Christmas?

Stainz

Enlightened
A popular S-F dealer, specializing in LE sales, states that the new T1A is due out in early December. Is there something wrong with me? I don't see the $240 for this thing. Sure, variable from 1-70 Lumens via a pot. Up to 80 hr on minimum - likely 1+ hr at 70 Lumens. My E1B runs 1.3/36 hr on 80/5 Lumens. Yeah, it's an inch longer - half again as heavy (2.8 vs 1.9 oz) - and larger at the bezel (1.0" vs .8"). The T1A is aluminum this time, not titanium - why the big price? The E1B, at its new higher MSRP of $150 is still a bargain - for a one cell S-F.

For the same $150, I think you can still buy an E2D LED Defender. That's a value, all things considered... "blind 'em then bash 'em". Mine is a keeper. So is my E1B - and my 6P LEDs. They were 'bargains'. I just don't understand S-F prices.

I won't trouble Santa for a Titan. That lump of coal might prove more useful.

Stainz

Hodsta

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it's not made of Ti.

If it were the price would be upwards of the Ti Titan i.e. >$499 and that's only if you were lucky enough to snag a light from a honourable retailer.

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I must admit I'm a little disappointed to see the T1A priced so high, but there is no way I won't get one.

I only wish the original ran on CR123s. I'd still own mine.

There is no peer to the Titan, aside from perhaps the Gatlight. It's simply a must have light.

I really hope SF has worked out the bugs though. There were WAY too many problems reported with the original Titan and that was one of the reasons I traded mine.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see the original Titan as a successful proof of concept above all else. Fortunately mine has never developed any problems.

Regards,
Tempest

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems to me a regulated dual output CR2 Muyshondt Aeon (Ti or Aluminum) out classes the Titan...

It may "out class" the Titan in your opinion (not really sure what that means), but dual output is just a few levels short of being a peer to a light with 1000 brightness levels you can control with a turn of a knob.....

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anybody know if the new Titan will be a limited production like the titanium version?

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats why i was thinking since the headlamp looks to be out as a regular product i was thinking to go for this one unless it will not be a limited version then i would wait.

fnj

Enlightened
Seems to me a regulated dual output CR2 Muyshondt Aeon (Ti or Aluminum) out classes the Titan...
Seems that way to me, too. The two Aeon settings are as near to perfect choices as I can imagine.

sld

Newly Enlightened
I emailed Surefire a couple of weeks ago with another question and also asked about the Titan T1A. They replyed "early 2009".

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry but, for me, their prices always sound abusive... unfortunately.

Outstanding lights, but all overpriced.

loveit

Enlightened
I do like the Surefire lights and don't mind paying a little more for the quality. I need to save if I still want a Titan. Any more news on when these will be available?

sld

Newly Enlightened
I emaied Surefire a couple of days ago and they say the ETA of the Titan T1A is the end of March.

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did they happen to say March of what year??

lol, you beat me to it. I was about to post exact same statement until I scrolled down and seen your post.

What a shame that no one trusts anything the finest manufacturer of a product has to say about new products or product releases.

Bill