Where to find tri-flupic specs, thinking about using in a MRV P7 build

bluecrow76

Enlightened
Does anyone know where to find actual specifications for the tri-flupic (or even the flupic for that matter)? I have searched high and low and all I can find is diagrams of the menu system. It's the only high end driver that I can't find specs for.

I'm working on a LumaPower MRV P7 build and trying to decide what driver to use. To date, I have only used cheap 7135 stuff or very nice TaskLED maxflex drivers. I love the maxflex driver, but it's not applicable to this design as the switch has to be separate from the current path. So this is why I'm looking at the tri-flupic.

bluecrow76

Enlightened
Eric at TnC Products is in the process of providing me with the information I need. I will post the information I receive here once I get it all.

TexLite

Enlightened
As far as I know there isn't one place to get all the information.More like bits and pieces here and there.Would be good to have it all in one place.

-Michael

bluecrow76

Enlightened
That's the problem I'm trying to solve. Still waiting for a response to my last email and then I'll post my findings.

TexLite

Enlightened
What specs are you looking for in particular?

I may be able to help with some.

darkzero has a post somewhere that summarizes most of the specs IIRC.

-Michael

jojobos

Enlightened
Texlite, do you know how much does it put out for burst mode? 1.2Ax3=3.6A?

Does anyone know what is going on with TnC website? It is not accessible right now. Where can I purchase tri-flupic?

bluecrow76

Enlightened
TexLite, the specs I was looking for were just the standard specs we need (max Vin and other current specs) and a picture or description of wiring. The kind of information that is available for just about every other driver out there.

TexLite

Enlightened
Texlite, do you know how much does it put out for burst mode? 1.2Ax3=3.6A?
Measurements by many show 2.8A-3A on a single Li-Ion or 3NiMH,and ~3.6A on 4 NiMH.

bluecrow is correct,burst is direct drive,will output as much as the cells can handle up to 1200mA per chip(3) IIRC.

Does anyone know what is going on with TnC website? It is not accessible right now. Where can I purchase tri-flupic
Not sure about the site,its working on my end.But you might try sending a PM to Bogus1(Eric),he's the owner,I'm sure he can get you fixed up.

TexLite, the specs I was looking for were just the standard specs we need (max Vin and other current specs) and a picture or description of wiring. The kind of information that is available for just about every other driver out there.

Max Vin is 5.5V.

On four NiMH I got 2200mA on level 10,and 3576mA on burst,according to an old thread with measurements here 2DMag P7,8AA,Tri-Flupic,with a single Li-Ion the currents would be less.

Heres a pic of darkzero's wiring from his thread Arc LS SSC P7 TriFlupic Mod with all three independant outputs wired in parallel.
Img_1298.jpg

I'm short on time at the moment,I'll try to get more later.Hope that helps.

-Michael

Last edited: