How many......Arc AAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtsoll

Enlightened
If you have had absolutely no trouble with your Arc AAA sound off now. Those folks who have had trouble and post here are giving me a false sense of impending doom. I've got a couple on the way and need some encouraging words. I'm sure there are many of you so let's have it. dtsoll

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Of the couple of dozens which have passed my hands, I have 4-of them which have never given me any troubles. These 4 have never had the roll-crip issue, never had an off-centered beam, never had an epoxy filled LED whole to cover a manufactoring flaw and never had the LED recessed too far into the head.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had zillions, (well, ok, maybe a dozen or so) and have never had a problem with any of them. Not one.

Every Arc AAA I've purchased has worked flawlessly from the moment I put the battery in and turned it on. This includes at least 10 LEs, several standard whites, a few turqoise ones, an amber one, a UV one, and a couple of blue ones. Not to mention the CPF edition, and the brass one.

Graham

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had 2 with issues that Arc did take care of. One standard and one LE. Both pre 3.1 model's (flickering) The others have worked perfectly, and as soon as (or if) the HA is black again I will buy several more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

paulr

Flashaholic
No trouble with mine. Standard model bought a couple weeks ago. No idea how long the dealer had it before I bought it. I don't know how to tell the version number.

paulr

Flashaholic
Uh oh, this thread is showing up twice in the recent messages list. Sounds like a database needs to be cleaned up...

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Dtsoll...

I`ve "had them all", as they say, and at last count I still have over 100 Arc AAA`s (mostly discontinued colored LED`s) in my arsenal of flashlights. Out of this number, I only had one green one that flickered into oblivion.

Arc`s quality control is only exceeded by Peter`s legendary customer service. You need not worry.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've lost track of how many I've had or had ordered for my relatives. I think conservatively, over 20... So far, no one's come back to me and said they had a problem with theirs. In fact, some have become CPF lurkers because their first LED was the ArcAAA...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only have one, but it's perfect. No problems, no complaints.

In fact it's right here next to me now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Hey Carpe Diem, my step brother used to live in Waterford. Nice town, great lakes! I grew up not far south of there down into Ill, and lived for 3 years in Madison. Nice area.

dtsoll

Enlightened
So far this is very good news, I must say that the two AAA's in my signature I don't have yet. I claim them as mine but I just don't have them yet(just to clarify). As was said earlier there really isn't anything to worry about with Arc's CS. I got that straight from Peter. If they make, they warrantee it no matter where you get it. thanks. dtsoll

notamchris

Newly Enlightened
I have one as well (an le), it is perfect. Excellent quality, and works perfectly. never had a problem (haven't had it too long though). I have used it quite a lot though, and it has taken a little bit of abuse, it has been dropped a couple of times onto concrete, and still doesn't have a scratch on it. Excellent lite. Great battery life too.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:

Hey Carpe Diem, my step brother used to live in Waterford. Nice town, great lakes! I grew up not far south of there down into Ill, and lived for 3 years in Madison. Nice area.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi James S...

When were you in Madison? Light years ago I was there attending the University of Wisconsin as an undergrad, followed by three years at the UW Law School.

IMHO, Wisconsin and northern Illinois are really great places to live. We have to be careful and not broadcast that fact too much, though, otherwise people like Darell will want to move in and live here.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks for your post.

paulr

Flashaholic
My AAA standard has a blue cast but I figured that's why it's a standard instead of an LE.

K A

Enlightened
Compared to my white Everled my ARC LE deffinately has a blue cast to it. But I dont mind, it works and its plenty bright for a small emergancy light!

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
FYI-I have only one Arc AAA-LE, that turned out to be a final replacement for the previous two Arc-AAAs that I had trouble with. That was almost 18 months ago.

This one has always worked flawlessly.

Like others on CPF, I received superb service from Peter G. at ARC. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

-p.s., just as with all LEDs, there is going to some slight variation from unit to unit, but you'll have no worries about getting a good one, dealing with Arc -as far as I'm concerned. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
My little collection of Arc "AAA" light are all just fine performers. The LE is just a little bit off center, but the led color is very nice so I won't let that one out of my sight. The 2 standard white ones are a little blue but are perfect in fit and finish (One is EDC and the other is it's back up). The turquoise EV is the brightest of all but little green vs Cyan, fit and finish are perfect. Finally, the blue "AAA" I have is the least bright, but, a beautiful blue color, very rich shade of blue. I had to order it from Toolshop in Germany and hope and pray it got too me in one piece. Imagine, my blue "AAA" was born in Arizona, traveled to Germany, and came home to Michigan... A well traveled little light indeed.

Don't worry about dealing with PG and the Arc family, you will be taken care of and pleased with your lights.

Status
Not open for further replies.