My Driver and LED testbed....IT IS READY NOW

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
PLease see post #4 for updates

well, after shorting a valuable driver by too big a jumble of wires and croco clips I have designed this "testbed" for the purpose...

drivertestbediz1.jpg

the wedged shaped things are crocodile clips and the rectangular "wire connectors" are those things that electricians use to connect two ends of bare wires and come is bars that you clip them off. (do not know how they are called outside Greece). The pairs have a hole in the middle and I can put a thin wood screw there to fix to the board.

I do have one question though....where should i put the resistor? on the - wire or the + wire. (I am partial to the - black wire since it is the equivalent of the resistored switches)

Glad to know what else you can point at, Kostas

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: My Driver and LED testbed....

kinda off topic, but you have nice handwriting.
can't help you with resistors :shrug:

Mr Happy

Flashlight Enthusiast

well, after shorting a valuable driver by too big a jumble of wires and croco clips I have designed this "testbed" for the purpose...
Nice setup. A tidy workbench always helps to avoid mistakes.

where should i put the resistor? on the - wire or the + wire
It makes no difference either way.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast

IT'S ALIVE!

well sort of, I need to add one more croco clip...while I am so fed up of slodering them...

Anyway here is is:

igp3479mm8.jpg

And here is the rest of it as will be connected.

igp3486qq8.jpg

OK OK I know, heatsinking...Well I do not need that right now. I can cope for my tests with the led placed in a P60 LED Module and the wires soldered and fed through the holes (I am talking about the small thin ones that lead to teh Bare LED in teh second pic). Taht method allows me to compare almost real life output too with my lightbox.

Anyway, I am looking forward to your comments, Kostas