Nitecore SmartPD Developments

Apollos

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody have any good SA on when (or if) Nitecore plans on releasing a 2xCR123 version of the EX10...I guess they might call it the EX20??

I really like the D20 but all my other lights are CR123 and I would rather keep the uniformity.

I did a search and found some spotty info on a new model...anybody have anything solid??

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd buy 1x18650 one. CR123 are unavailable in most part of the world.

tempman

Newly Enlightened
I'd buy a 18650 version if they made it. Not a 2x123 version.

Apollos

Newly Enlightened
really...that is interesting. I wonder why SureFire is so dedicated to that power source?

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
CR123 are unavailable in most part of the world.

I didn't realise that. Do you actually mean unavailable, or not nearly as available as other battery types? I've done very little international travel so I have no idea.

cerberuss

Newly Enlightened
I didn't realise that. Do you actually mean unavailable, or not nearly as available as other battery types? I've done very little international travel so I have no idea.

Well I find that Cr123's are available in any big department store here... and ofcourse camera/photo store.... I doubt they'll ever be assss accessible as popular battery types but ARE available if you go looking a bit ...

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I find that Cr123's are available in any big department store here... and ofcourse camera/photo store.... I doubt they'll ever be assss accessible as popular battery types but ARE available if you go looking a bit ...

Here in the UK they're accessable enough (mostly due to their use in cameras I suppose), but they're a bit dear in most shops. I have no trouble finding them cheap online though. I actually favoured them before discovering disposable AA lithiums, and more recently pre-charged ni-mh.

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
In my city (population 300 000) I found CR123's in two stores. $8 each. When I'm out I won't come back to get them. Online stores - I need to buy large quantities (+ very expensive shipping overseas), when something goes wrong with the shipping - ran out of batteries...:thumbsdow
Besides I don't use any primaries because they're uneconomical. And I do care about environment (I know - most Americans don't). RCR123's have very very low capacity. When I buy one set od 18650's and a charger I have free and environmentally friendly light for about 2 years.:D Not to mention longer runtime than using CR or RCR. I can always carry spare 18650 with me. One more thing - with rechargeables I don't have to save batteries (no: Oh my God, I'm out, another $$$ wasted...:mecry:).