What light is in your Glove box?

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
I recently got a surefire G2 on a trade, its really a great little light, but I have other P60 hosts and really was wondering where to put it to use...

Until now, I've never had a light that I just leave in my car, I mean, I always have one with me but I never just left one in there for to use...
Honestly I think the G2 is a perfect light for the glovebox, and pretty handy too, I have already used it twice:twothumbs
Its got a solid design, and I don't have to worry about it getting scratched up, plus when it is cold outside it won't freeze your hand off:eek:

So I was wondering, What do you guys keep in the glovebox?

Oh and if you want to share a picture, that would be great...
Here's my glovebox light, with some bling:naughty:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
You know I don't actually have one just for the car...........

Hmmm a G2 would make a really good choice for the job. :thumbsup: Especially with an M60LL!

Liberty1992

Newly Enlightened
i don't drive :mecry: but i always have a light on me at all times so it doesn't really make a difference.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Until quite recently it was a Dereelight CL1H, but that one recently decided that it didn't like low-mode. So I'm probably going put a G2 in the car, I figure it's better any way in winter... but I may put a new drop-in in the CL1H. Like you I tend to always have a light with me, but it's been useful when I've needed an extra one, and sometimes my EDC can be quite small. The only bad thing is cars frequently get broken into....

copperfox

Enlightened
Since I live in a New England state and some winter days get very cold, my highest priorty is to have a glovebox light that works in sub-freezing temperatures and can accept cells that won't leak (read: lithium). I like AA lithium cells over CR123s because they are easier to find at brick&mortar stores and because the flashlight can also take regular alkalines in a pinch.

I recently replaced the minimag w/terralux in my glovebox with an Ultrafire 606A Q5 from dealextreme. I did this because I prefer a clicky (reverse clicky was ok since it won't get used much) and because I wanted a light with good throw in case I need to flag somebody down.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my Streamlight Microstream hiding there. Its the one because I decided to switch back to my G2 to EDC, so I swapped them. Right now it just has regular alkalines in it, but since this is Iowa in winter, I will probably pick up some lithiums to put it so it will work when it decides to get cold around here (below zero - that's the point that people start getting out the heavy winter coats around here).

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
My vehicle:

Inova X5
Inova X02
Rayovac Industrial 2D fitted with an LED PR-2 replacement
fauxton

Wife's vehicle:

Inova X5
Inova Radiant 2C

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
2D Mag with Nite Ize drop-in.

It is pretty basic, but I don't use the car much and I figure a light that can run for many hours could be useful. I would generally have my EDC on me as well.

zx7dave

Enlightened
9P + A19 w/R2 dropin running on 4 primaries...one in each truck...
until my Milky M6/MC-E's get done :D