CAn't change brightness setting on new Olight T20

tpcollins

Newly Enlightened
Seems like I'm going flashlight buying crazy here. I ordered an Olight T20 as a Chritmas gift and it just came. I can change from SOS to strobe to normal illumination with the tail switch but I can't change it to the 5 different brightness levels. The instructions say to turn the head 1/8 of a turn clockwise and then 1/8 turn back counterclockwise - but it doesn't change anything. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you twisting the head while it's switched on? It's a bit obvious I know, but that's all I can think of.

radar696

Newly Enlightened
Are you twisting the head while it's switched on? It's a bit obvious I know, but that's all I can think of.
I just received today; the Olight M20 Warrior from the Christmas thread and that is exactly how it works.

I've already ran it through a few paces just to get the feel of it.:candle:

tpcollins

Newly Enlightened
Re: Can't change brightness setting on new Olight T20

Twisting the head with the light switch on or off doesn't make any difference - it won't change. When I first hit the light switch, it appears for a slight moment it's a bit brighter then it goes back to real dim. It's a sharp looking light if it would just work!

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast

Twisting the head with the light switch on or off doesn't make any difference - it won't change. When I first hit the light switch, it appears for a slight moment it's a bit brighter then it goes back to real dim. It's a sharp looking light if it would just work!

If it's dim, have you tried other batteries? Sorry if it's another obvious question. :p Hopefully an expert will show up soon.

Gunner12

Flashaholic

IIRC you loosen and tighten the head quickly to move to the next mode.

tpcollins

Newly Enlightened
Zatoichi, you're a rockstar! One of the 4 free batteries that came with it was a tad bit on the low side per my voltmeter. Tried better batteries and it works like a charm - duh. Thanks.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Zatoichi, you're a rockstar! One of the 4 free batteries that came with it was a tad bit on the low side per my voltmeter. Tried better batteries and it works like a charm - duh. Thanks.

I'm pleased to be useful (it doesn't happen often). :twothumbs

Enjoy the T20! I recently got the T25 and I'm more than happy with it.