Eagletac dealer in UK or EU?

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine from the Eagletac-Store, took 3 weeks until I got them yesterday, but no problem.

However, it could be, that they are soon available at an online shop in Austria, at this moment, it's not known yet!

jabbaj

Newly Enlightened
Problem with these stores is although they deliver we get slapped about with customs and handling fees.

Kamakazikev24

Enlightened
Thanks foe the link, yeah I had heard of that but it is only for the import tax.
So you still have to pay VAT and therefore also a 'handling fee' from either the post office or parcel force.

I have not ordered since this change but before, sometimes you would end up paying 100% what the item costs in these 'fee's'

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks foe the link, yeah I had heard of that but it is only for the import tax.
So you still have to pay VAT and therefore also a 'handling fee' from either the post office or parcel force.

I'm not sure what you mean. The only handling fees I've ever had to pay have been associated with import tax. Items below £105 should have no extra charges at all. Over the last year I've bought 30 - 40 items from the US, HK and Singapore under the old limit of £18, and never been charged a penny.

Kamakazikev24

Enlightened
Well if your 30-40 items were under £18 then you won't have been charged!
And if you read the BBC report that you placed a link for you will see that items over £18 still get charged VAT.
And then when you get charged that the postal service, either parcelforce or the postoffice will, to make you pay, hold the item until you pay.
And for this service they charge you a handling fee!
So ok we have NO import tax under £105 which Is great BUT anything over £18 can still be held until you pay VAT and the awfull 'handling charge'
Hope that helps!

mrm65

Newly Enlightened
And if you read the BBC report that you placed a link for you will see that items over £18 still get charged VAT.
And then when you get charged that the postal service, either parcelforce or the postoffice will, to make you pay, hold the item until you pay.
So ok we have NO import tax under £105 which Is great BUT anything over £18 can still be held until you pay VAT and the awfull 'handling charge'
Hope that helps!

I ordered an Eagletac P10A2 one Sunday evening, had an email confirming shipment on Monday, received it on Friday. I didn't have to pay any extra charges.

Btw - its a great flashlight!

182_blue

Newly Enlightened
Hope that helps!

exactly right, and its usually the handling fee that comes to more than the other charges !!

jabbaj

Newly Enlightened
Thought the threshold was still £18 but with the VAT (and so handling) there are still alot of charges potentially.
Also the british pound is very weak atm :)

mrm65 - was the package correctly declared by eagletac-store with true item value on it?
If declared correctly perhaps flashlights are a zeroVAT item... I haven't checked. If no VAT to be paid then should be no handling fee either which is good news.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I couldn't find a catagory that used the words flashlight or torch. The nearest I could find that might include them was around 3.5%. I doubt the tax will be much to worry about, but the handling will probably be over £10. IIRC the last time I had a customs charge was on a £30 watch, the tax was about £2 - £3 and the handling charge was £11.

I've just ordered one anyway. If you want it enough, you pay. :sigh:

mrm65

Newly Enlightened
Thought the threshold was still £18 but with the VAT (and so handling) there are still alot of charges potentially.
Also the british pound is very weak atm :)

mrm65 - was the package correctly declared by eagletac-store with true item value on it?
If declared correctly perhaps flashlights are a zeroVAT item... I haven't checked. If no VAT to be paid then should be no handling fee either which is good news.

I think so, can't remember though.