Torch light = dog deterrent

Status
Not open for further replies.

gisbourne

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, near where I live there are som fields and footpaths which run by several small lakes/ponds that walkers and joggers use but which now are increasingly used by loutish dog owners who let their dogs run free to harass
and snap/bark at other users of these facilities. I tend to walk there in the early evening just after my evening meal. I have perhaps been pestered by
these viscious dogs/viscious owners? many times in the past year - must be at least a dozen times. Anyway, I tried one of them ultrasonic dog repellers which was no use so I thought I'd try my LED torch. Wow! They just hate it and wont come near or if they do they go round in circles eventually giving up. I'm talking large alsation dog here and rotweiller. Only trouble is It probably wouldn't work in daylight.

Cydonia

Enlightened
This question has come up before many times. Others have definitely reported that bright light from either LED or incandescent had no repellent effect whatsoever. They have said that the only "deterrent" would be from a large long aluminum Maglite - the 6C would be good one - being beaten over the animals skull! And that's the only trustworthy "repellent" :laughing:

DM51

Flashaholic
There is an unfortunate tendency for threads of this type to deteriorate into a discussion of the ill-treatment of animals. Regrettably, it did not take as long as usual for this one to veer off in that direction, so I'm closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.