Battery holder for CR123's ?

Noah Monk

Newly Enlightened
Battery holder for CR123\'s ?

Hi

Anyone out there know if there are CR123 battery holders available anywhere for retail sale? Already looked at Radio Shack, but no luck. Any info appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Thanks

nm

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Re: Battery holder for CR123\'s ?

Do you need storage containers or battery adapters?

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you are looking for storage, I use the 6-123 battery holders from Surefire, as well as an APS film canister for something smaller. The APS film canisters are oval (instead of round like 35mm canisters), and fit two 123 batterise perfectly. Great for tossing in the pocket for backup when the Surefire battery holders are overkill.

-Keith

kev1-1

Enlightened

Blade-Tech do a 2 or 3 batt holder which clips on your belt.

PaulW

Flashlight Enthusiast

A waterproof storage container for matches works very nicely. Has an o-ring and is just the right size for two 123s. Available at REI, ****'s, and just about any place selling camping gear, for $1.00 to $1.25 each. I carry one in glovebox.

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast

A lot of the specialty cr123 holders were way too expensive, so I picked up the tubing and caps from the plastics shop and cut 'em myself... Depending on how long they were and what kind of tube & caps I used they cost anywhere from .35 cents up to a $1.10 a piece, plus I could make them in any capacity I wanted. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Yeah!

bh.jpg

MR Bulk

Flashaholic

Magnetic Latent Print Dusting Brush -- From Sirchie, I believe (they're at home, I'm in Vegas, can't check brand to be sure), but the little clear tube the brush comes in is the perfect width and length for exactly four 123s. One end is permanently closed and the other comes with a poly cap that friction fits just tightly enough to hold back the weight of all four 123s, yet just easy enough to twist off with two fingers.

Cost (if you're an LEO in a department that issues this type of brush): -nil-

dilettante

Newly Enlightened

Cent tubes from a coin shop work for storage too. They hold two CR123s with just a little bit of slop. I'm going to try the APS film can!

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast

Last year I bought 18 @ NexCell 123's inexpensively (something not exceeding $1.50 @ with free packaging tubes) on EBAY.

They were sold in Dutch auction batches of 6@, and each 6 came packaged end-to-end in a clear plastic tube with red friction fit plastic end caps. The tubes are long for a pocket, but great for a car's glove box.

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

Noah Monk,

On the off chance you were looking for a battery holder for 123s, http://www.digikey.com has them. (Single cell only)

(just in case /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Larry

Noah Monk

Newly Enlightened

Wow, thanks for the all the info, guys. i posted the original question then went out of town and completely forgot about it 'till today! As it turns out, I asked the wrong question /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

I am looking for a battery case complete with contacts, similar to those found at Radio Shack for AA, C, etc. I'm guessin' thar's no such thing, but thanks again for the answers and links.

nm