bar mount for Marwi Bullite

go::ahead

Newly Enlightened
Greetings, I'm a commuter and mountainbiker so lights tickle my fancy to say the least. I just got a Marwi Bullite for commuting and would like to use it as a bar light on the trail ( I have a NR trail rat as my helmet light). The mount included looks pretty standard and a too weak to support the 350g light on rocky trail. What would you suggest for a STURDY diy bar mount?

here's the light
yhst-78341476818073_2028_1206958

go::ahead

Newly Enlightened
thanks for the reply but I'm guessing you're not a mountainbiker, velcro wont hold a 2 pound light bombing down a rock garden. I was thinking of taking an old stem and mounting one end on the bar and have the steerer tube end hold the light with some sort of mounting bracket, maybe some plastic tubing the light would fit into

Eamon

Newly Enlightened
3/4 pound, actually.
The lockblock has a tendency to wiggle, which is the besetting weakness of that design. The wiggle is irritating on the road, and would be maddening in the woods. The light(s) I'm building now (optics willling) are going to use an adapted mount from either Marwi or Cateye.
I've fiddled with the Marwi mounts, and they're pretty solid. I would not be surprised if they did hold your 3/4 lb light on a rocky trail. The other system that occurs to me is the Cateye mounts, which can be had, are solid, and are cheap.

Enjoy,
Eamon

Teego

Newly Enlightened
+1 to the wiggle comment about the lockblocks. I REALLY like mine all told, but it shakes ridiculously at times, and that's on paved roads with smooth tires. I've fit a cut down maglight on mine though (for a lark), and it held just fine at well over a pound, but the wobbling would drive you mad.

snaps

Newly Enlightened
These Marwis are held with an Electron bracket from chainreactioncycles.com