seeking amber taillights for 2023 ridgeline

turbodog

Flashaholic
Considering purchasing a 23 ridgeline. Looking to find replacement taillights with amber turn signals.

I did this back when I bought my 13 ridge... but can't find any for the 23. Figured the european spec would be amber but coming up empty...

EJR

Newly Enlightened
None exist.

Since the turn and stop share the same compartment there is no way it can be amber.

This is why the 12-14 Ridgeline was able to have two versions - because the turn was separate from the stop.

turbodog

Flashaholic
None exist.

Since the turn and stop share the same compartment there is no way it can be amber.

This is why the 12-14 Ridgeline was able to have two versions - because the turn was separate from the stop.

Then how do they sell it in Europe? AFAIK it's required for amber signals there... (as well as side markers to be accurate).

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I meant in addition to, mounted elsewhere, not just to attempt to replace the bulb in the housing.

Edit- something akin to this.

They're ubiquitous enough that you aren't likely to be hassled about them if you have vehicle inspections. Not ideal, but perhaps an option to consider.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I meant in addition to, mounted elsewhere, not just to attempt to replace the bulb in the housing.
A possibility if one is willing to accept an improvised solution. Will visually merge with the red signals at distance although that's also apt to be a minor concern.

something akin to this.

They're ubiquitous enough that you aren't likely to be hassled about them if you have vehicle inspections. Not ideal, but perhaps an option to consider.

Looks OEM enough. Plugs into the (ubiquitous?) towing adapter so no need to futz with intercepting the pigtails to both tail light assemblies. Except for the reverse light - got to vampire tap into one of the tail lights for that.

Last edited:

bshanahan14rulz

Flashlight Enthusiast
^yeah, I don't feel like it'd be easy to keep the reds from flashing after adding in the aux ambers.

Maybe aftermarket will have something more suitable soon. Have to choose between the aftermarket lamp maybe not meeting the intended specs to the T, vs an improvised amber not meeting the specs to the T. (I was thinking it looks like you could use that white section where reverse lights are, but it's not very visible from the side)