• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Teenie burner Keychain Red laser.

Kenom

Enlightened
Up for sale is the newest line in my laser series. This is a Very small laser being a tad over 2" long. It runs off 3 button cell batteries and comes with a keychain so you can put it on your keys. The laser is focusable and capable of putting out upwards of 300mw in this tiny little host. You can burn things and smoke things instantly depending on the power from the little batteries. Cost is $50 + $5 shipping anywhere in the world. As with all high powered lasers, care must be taken as you can instantly create permanent blind spots in your vision. I have these available in 2 colors. Grey anodized and blue anodized. Pictures below:

As with all of my lasers I warrant it for 3 months! However if you use the 10180 battery like daguin below in the testimonials, I will not warrant it as you need to partially discharge the batteries or it may kill the laser diode. The advantage of using the 10180 battery however is increased output power and the ability to recharge it. I myself use the 10180 battery but know how to discharge the battery enough to not kill it. If you do kill the diode by using the rechargable 10180 battery I will repair the laser for the cost of the diode plus time ($25) You will love this laser!!!

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

here is a picture of it compared to a cr123
DSC00074-1.jpg

633456457898967500.jpg

633456457490217500.jpg

633456457427405000.jpg

633456457141623750.jpg

Testimonials.
I bought mine as a birthday "gift," for Kenom, but I'm the one who got the present
smiley.gif

I use a single 10180 in mine. It is freakin' awesome. It puts out 185mW from a truly pocket sized host
shocked.gif

I've already had to recharge the battery once and I'm NOT a "burner" I light it just to be amazed again by the unreal amount of light coming from this tiny host.

Peace,
dave
(Daguin laserpointerforums.com)

Mine came today, way Cool!!
cool.gif

Thanks Ken!
(Highway666 laserpointerforums.com)

Last edited:

BrightLight

Newly Enlightened
You say "over 300mw", the review says 185mW. What is the actual output on button cells?

What is the maximum voltage the 10180 must be discharged to in order to be used?

Sabrewolf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ohh, can i buy just the laser module from you??
Like 3-4 of them? Or maybe 2 blues, and 2 reds?

Saaaaweeeet!

PM Me pwease
:poof:

Kenom

Enlightened
Very good questions all. The reviewed laser had a stonetek diode in it which peaks at 200mwish. Since that time, I've put different diodes in the host and those are capable of 350mw peak. Since the diodes are different obviously they are capable of much more than the one doing 185mw. This was done on a 10180 battery with the battery discharged some. I do this by running a Cree or Luxeon LED for rougly 10 minutes on this battery. It draws the current down sufficiently to no longer put out a ton of power. However it is a touchy thing as your relying on the internal resistance of these batteries and you really don't want to exceed 450ma. So however you need to do it, make sure your not feeding this diode more than 450ma. On button cells with this host I'm getting... 140mw average. It sags pretty quickly as these eat up those button cells. (357A cells)

Oh and the sammich was sold for $99 to a starving rich guy in grenich.

As to the modules, If you really want some modules without any drivers, I'd be more than happy to sell you some. I can sell ya the reds for $30 and the blurays for $35 each I also have driver kits I sell at $5 a pop.

Last edited:

X_Marine

Enlightened
Hi Kenom,
Looks like a handy little guy for sure.
Hope you don't mind if I post a pic with your image adjusted a little for better viewing. No change other than bringing up the levels a little and cropping some un-needed area. Let me know and I'll be happy to remove or whatever you like.

Also I didn't notice an email addy for PP so if you would pm me with that I would love to grab one of these, or maybe 2. ')

TeenieBurner.jpg

Thanks
BillyD/X_Marine

Kenom

Enlightened
I would like to say that I'll be out of town until the 2nd of january so any peoples interested in these will not be able to get them actually shipped until that time. If you would like to paypal me and guarantee one of these for yourself, I will ship as soon as I return back from christmas vacation, or you can wait to pay me at that time.

Paypal address is [email protected] please specify the color choice (blue or grey) and note in the note section of your payment what the payment is for. I refund payments without a note indicating what the payment is for. It just makes life easier. :D

Last edited:

BrightLight

Newly Enlightened
:paypal:

What voltage on the 10180 corresponds to it feeding 350 ma? (It's easy for me to measure voltage, rather difficult to guess at the current it would feed.)

X_Marine

Enlightened
:paypal:

What voltage on the 10180 corresponds to it feeding 350 ma? (It's easy for me to measure voltage, rather difficult to guess at the current it would feed.)
I can't remember, and don't have time to look, but you can grab yourself I believe a 1ohm, say 5watt, resistor with high % for accuracy and place that in series with load. Then connect your meter to each side of the resistor and with the proper formula that will give you the amps. Sorry I can't remember the most important part. :tinfoil:

But a search for 1 Ohm resistor would likely find the correct info.

And of course if we are lucky, some one will scratch my feeble head.. :nana:

Good luck with it..
X/BillyD..

Kenom

Enlightened
Sorry, I did want to let everyone know that as indicated I was out of town until the 5th of jan. on vacation. I have now returned and have burned out the motor on my Electric drill. That being said, I've shipped all the heads to a friend with a lathe to do the minor metal work needed to modify them for lasers. I should recieve those back in no more than 1 week and will have them assembled and shipped by 2 days after that 1 week. These are extremely easy to assemble and take very little time. The only real major time consuming portion of the build is the modification to the head (I don't have a lathe) If you are not willing to wait this long, I will happily refund anyone's money. so time frame is 1 week + 2 days till shipment. I will upgrade everyone's package to priority at 2-3 days average in the states. :D

X_Marine

Enlightened
Well dang, you woulda thought Santa could have brought you a new drill for Christmas.. :ohgeez:

Hey no big hurry here just good to see you returned safe and sound and if the drill is all that broke then I say it was a good holiday. :thumbsup:

Keep us posted and thanks for the update.
Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

Kenom

Enlightened
Well dang, you woulda thought Santa could have brought you a new drill for Christmas.. :ohgeez:

Hey no big hurry here just good to see you returned safe and sound and if the drill is all that broke then I say it was a good holiday. :thumbsup:

Keep us posted and thanks for the update.
Thanks
X/BillyD..
icon14.gif

It's actually irratating me as well since the doggone thing (ryobi) has Nicad batteries, and they've developed the perverbial memory and won't keep a charge any longer. I've opened up the battery pack and it appears to be 30 D sized batteries in series and parallel. Won't be easy to replace with Li-ions.. Ahh well, they do sell li-ion for these at twice the price...

X_Marine

Enlightened
If you check each cell and locate a few bad apples there's a good chance you can zap them back into shape by hooking a meter on one of the bad cells and then with a charger like even an automotive type 12v, connect the neg and then repeatedly tap the pos like once a second and keep an eye on volts and temp of cell. I use an old variable charger I built yrs ago which has a large capacitor and puts out about 20 - 22 volts. You should get little sparks each time you tap it.

Iirc this breaks the shorts within the battery and I have had great results saving many old battery packs this way and they actually worked well for quite some time.

Well back to changing my plugs, 2 down and only 14 to go.. :D

Good luck with it.
Thanks
X/BillyD..

Kenom

Enlightened
To those that purchased these, I just got the heads back from my friend and the assembly will begin tonight. I should have the remainder shipped tomorrow.