How rare are Flat sided Surefire U2's?

Nell

Enlightened
Didn't know two sided bodies were rare. Thought the Black bodies were the rare units.

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh U2s have Black bodies.

Tim, to address your question, it is worth nothing. in fact you should send it to me haha j/k sounds pretty rare. post pics.

Superdave

Enlightened
I thought it was just like the A2's with the flat sides.. just an older version. "Socom1970" has one with flat sides and the S/N is way lower than mine which was a 2006 model.

greenLED

Flashaholic
You mean flat-flat like the old A2, or like this one?

mystery2wx9.jpg

glssfhabk1sa2.jpg

Superdave

Enlightened
mmm, i wish my A2 was black...

i have a few pics of Socom's milkymod U2, if i can find one that shows the sides i'll post it up. We were discussing this a few days ago.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
My U2 has 2 flat sides and one curved side with

"FC CE CERTIFIED
US PATENT PENDING"

I didn't/don't think it's rare :shrug:

Regards,
Tempest

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where in the HELL do you get those DARPA lights??? I would LOVE one or more of those. That turbohead 5K light looks really interesting...

What I would like to know is how do you use a bezel down pocketclip with a turbohead flashlight? :thinking:

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I would like to know is how do you use a bezel down pocketclip with a turbohead flashlight? :thinking:

Yeah it is a toughy. My PKEF/DARPA DEF3C is like that.

Here it is.

darpabwnm3.jpg

Where in the HELL do you get those DARPA lights??? I would LOVE one or more of those. That turbohead 5K light looks really interesting...
It just takes a little bit of luck and research. the picture i posted, with the three lights, is not mine. Just the single one above.

Here you go Tim, the PK Prototype Kroma. Look closely at the one on the left.

img2950ep0.jpg

Last edited:

SunStar

Enlightened

:grin2::grin2::laughing:

Actually I usually carry mine with the pocket clip on the inside of the pocket and the flashlight on the outside. It carries quite nicely that way. I guess it depends where one carries it if that is secure enough or not.

greenLED

Flashaholic
I meant flat like the old A2..:wave:
Ah, OK. Then mine has 2 flat sides (on each side of the clip), and what's shown on the pic I posted (opposite to the clip). On one of the flat sides it has the "Digital U2 Ultra" etching, and on the other it has the SF logo.

I guess it's the same as Sgt.'s?

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one with flat sides that took 18650's w/out modification... I don't have it any longer.