Inova X5T UV

WillnTex

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone else tried one of these yet. I have not heard of it until today when I got one but it is pretty cool little toy.

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had seen the X5T UV offered somewhere for about $74. I decided to venture into the world of NUV (beyond 4 @ single NUV LED promotional lights I received with battery purchases) with a $50 20 NUV LED Mag Light adapter from Inretech.

I think both Inova and Inretech use 395 nM LEDs. When I receive the adapter that I ordered in mid April I'll comment on it.

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't tried one but I'd be interested in hearing more about it. My wife has taken an interest in forensic science lately (I hope it has nothing to do with resolving my flashaholism once and for all and not getting caught! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif) and I think that might be a cool gift for her. Or, er.... maybe not! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Seriously though, be careful with the UV and take it easy on the old peepers there.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

INRETECH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Craig just did a prelim. review on the UV395 adapter; you can find it at:

http://www.ledmuseum.org/uv20.htm

My chemist friend Leo has some new EnCaustic Inks that Glow

These Inks are waxed-based, you "spread" them onto the canvas using a Hot-Knife and since they are wax-based; they have "depth" to them unlike normal inks

I should be getting samples of them to Craig as well to "play with"