Fenix PD30 Battery

gsgtsg

Newly Enlightened
Please advise which batteries last longer and give a more powerful light for the Fenix PD30:

CR 123 lithium or Rechargeable (on one charge).

Is a 16340 a different type of battery to the CR 123 lithium or Rechargeable.

Cheers.

Marduke

Flashaholic
16340 is the designation for RCR123 cells (rechargable CR123's). CR123 primary cells will give you the best runtime, RCR123 cells will give you the best economy if you use your light frequently. Both will give the same brightness output.

kenL

Newly Enlightened
16340 is the designation for RCR123 cells (rechargable CR123's). CR123 primary cells will give you the best runtime, RCR123 cells will give you the best economy if you use your light frequently. Both will give the same brightness output.

what is the runtime using RCR123 cells on turbo mode and high mode

the_sandman

Newly Enlightened
Be aware - I spoke with SUREFIRE and their CR 123 batteries (I pay 6.50 for a set) are rated at 1400 Mili-amps. Good batteries for lights that need these cells.

I use FENIX lights myself, but a local cutlery shop carries these batteries which are better and cheaper (by 1/2 the price) than others.

P.S.(SIDE NOTE) This shop that I bought from sells Surefire lights as well, which have similar specs as my Fenix lights but for like 4 to 5 times the price as Fenix. (Scratching head here) - I WANTED to buy a surefire, but the price and fact that Surefire's specs are similar made me wonder ....why spend more? Can anyone shed some light.....pardon the pun.

Sandman