IP68 battery carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
From now on every Barbolight shipped with batteries will come with a IP68 -200, impact proof, security cap fitted, battery carrier. It holds 2 x 18650 (17650) and 4 x CR123.

As a caver myself I have been always interested on a really waterproof and impact proof battery carrier. Those ones do the job very good. When filled with CR123's are a exceptional energy storage system, and as long as the cap has a precinct you can detect if they have been used.

Javier

mailtb02ms9.jpg

Regards,

Javier

Last edited:

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I tested one of those carriers against a Range Rover and asphalt.... Just scratches. Mil. Std. 810-F drop test did nothing... 10 meter drop over concrete floor...NOTHING. They seems indestrutible!!!

Javier

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
First 40 units for free... you just pay the shipping, that is 7 € worldwide. Three pieces maximum for each one.

Order of the posts in this thread will be respected.

Javier

grinsefalle

Enlightened
Hi Javier!

Great offer, I want to take this chance and get some of these battery carriers.
3 pieces would be great, if just 2 is possible, that would be ok, too.

Which email should I send my paypal to?

greetings from Germany
Michael

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Michael,

You are the first one, so 3 for you. 37 left!!!

To Paypal you can use mpre (at) barbolight.com. "Barbocarriers" (official name will be TB-02) will be shipped next week.

Javier

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
28 left... come on, guys!

By the way, regular pricing will be 8,00 € /pair + 4 caps and will be sold in pairs, into a corrosion inhibitor zip bag, Mil STD.

Javier

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great! I would like to know if any of you is interested on this item for intensive uses such as caving, diving, military uses, rescue...

Regards,

Javier

KFE

Newly Enlightened
Well, though I do dive, I doubt I'd be taking spares with my underwater as...well, you can't exactly change batts underwater. Probably more a nice and waterproof way to store batteries with wet gear and such.
Or a good way to have some spare batteries in a coat without having to worry about rain.

Barbarin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, though I do dive, I doubt I'd be taking spares with my underwater as...well, you can't exactly change batts underwater. Probably more a nice and waterproof way to store batteries with wet gear and such.
Or a good way to have some spare batteries in a coat without having to worry about rain.

I'm into cave-diving, and when exploring caves "post-sump" I used to carry the batteries into my drysuit, protected into plastic enclosure. Although I have many times submerged Li-ION batteries into water, even salt water, I was not very happy with the idea of a exploding battery into my suit, so I have been looking for something like this.

I have been using Tribord (Decathlon) dry bags, which are great, as well as many different kinds of waterproof containers, a lot of them "homemade". But always I have to share this room with more equipment, and I think spare batteries deserve their own carrier for several reasons.

For diving, although you can not replace batteries underwater, you will be very happy if you ever have a problem on surface and you can have extra runtime to signal your position. This carrier and 4 x Cr123 batteries are less than 120 gr, and small enough to fit in your pocket.

My two cents, of course.

Javier

Last edited:

grinsefalle

Enlightened
Great! I would like to know if any of you is interested on this item for intensive uses such as caving, diving, military uses, rescue...

Regards,

Javier

This sale is in European hands - for now :) I hope, there are some carriers left for Barbolight-fans overseas!

Now regarding your question:
I'm not a diver and not in the military (at least not any more). But as a police officer, I have one set of primaries/rechargeables for my lights with me all the time. We have to deal with demonstrations, football games (very aggressive "fans"), manhunts (even through thick forests, if someone is missing) or the "normal" duty on the street. It's good to have one carrier with all the batteries in it, a sturdy and virtually indestructable one.
So at least I know, that my batteries won't be damaged (and I hope, me neither :tinfoil:)

KFE

Newly Enlightened
For diving, although you can not replace batteries underwater, you will be very happy if you ever have a problem on surface and you can have extra runtime to signal your position. This carrier and 4 x Cr123 batteries are less than 120 gr, and small enough to fit in your pocket.

My two cents, of course.

Javier

Didn't look at it like that yet. Wouldn't need to carry it on all dives, but during certain night dives, where you could get swept away by current spares could come in handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.