Nitecore Extreme Issues (Maybe Me! :) )

McSoappy

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys!

Santa brought me a nice new Nitecore extreme.

I can't seem to get it to work in the user defined mode.

I'm loosening the light and then unscrewing and tightening within the .5 second time frame and I can't get it to cycle through the brightness settings.

Am I don't something wrong, are there any tricks?

Merry Xmas!

David

McSoappy

Newly Enlightened
I think I got it to work once but now the threads are squeeking LOUD!

What kinda lubrication can I use for it? I've got some TufGlide and some Zebco Reel oil and some WD40. Would any of those be appropriate for the screw threads?

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I think I got it to work once but now the threads are squeeking LOUD!

What kinda lubrication can I use for it? I've got some TufGlide and some Zebco Reel oil and some WD40. Would any of those be appropriate for the screw threads?

NO WD40!!

Use some type of silicone lube... I can't remember what tufglide is...

Is Zebco reel oil like a teflon based type oil? If so, you can probably safely use that...

McSoappy

Newly Enlightened
NO WD40!!

Use some type of silicone lube... I can't remember what tufglide is...

Is Zebco reel oil like a teflon based type oil? If so, you can probably safely use that...

I used the Zebco oil a few hours ago and it seemed to work good. I just ordered some Nano Oil based on the suggestion from another forum member.

Seems to be quiet now, and moves great!:twothumbs

D-Dog

Enlightened
I would recommend NyoGel for the light (the one for electrically conductive threads (759 I think)), as I have used it in the past on many lights and I too received a "NEX" this Christmas (though mine was from my grandparents :)).

I too love the light and I think the UI is simple yet suprisingly complete as you can jump to max with a simple twist (as I think any light should), and the "useless unless you need it" strobe mode is carefully tucked where it is both easy to acess, yet out of the way.

Enjoy the new light :) and Merry Christmas

McSoappy

Newly Enlightened
I would recommend NyoGel for the light (the one for electrically conductive threads (759 I think)), as I have used it in the past on many lights and I too received a "NEX" this Christmas (though mine was from my grandparents :)).

I too love the light and I think the UI is simple yet suprisingly complete as you can jump to max with a simple twist (as I think any light should), and the "useless unless you need it" strobe mode is carefully tucked where it is both easy to acess, yet out of the way.

Enjoy the new light :) and Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you as well!:grin2:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Hey guys!

Santa brought me a nice new Nitecore extreme.

I can't seem to get it to work in the user defined mode.

I'm loosening the light and then unscrewing and tightening within the .5 second time frame and I can't get it to cycle through the brightness settings.

Am I don't something wrong, are there any tricks?

Merry Xmas!

David

I think you are doing it backwards. From a slightly loose position, you should quickly tighten then loosen again to get it to ramp (I think, NDI works like this)

McSoappy

Newly Enlightened
I think you are doing it backwards. From a slightly loose position, you should quickly tighten then loosen again to get it to ramp (I think, NDI works like this)

Yeah you're right, that's way I was doing. I quickly realized this when I watched the YouTube video on the Extreme!

Now that I know how to work it :ohgeez:I'm extremely happy with it!

David