Nitercore NDI question

clipboard

Newly Enlightened
I took my new ndi head off and looked at it and it looks like the same
as my d10 I returned to 4sevens . When you go to http://www.light-reviews.com/nitecore_defender_silver/ the back of the head looks completely
different? I think the NDI that I have is a little brighter than the D10 I
had in fact it's close to my P3D Q5 and as bright as my P2d R100 . Do you think the newer NDI's use the same circuitry as the D10?

BabyDoc

Flashlight Enthusiast
What they are using now that makes it look like the D10 is the same floating split ring that the D10/EX10 have. The purpose of the split ring is to prolong the life of the gold contact ring on the board. Unfortunately, my experience with this new arrangement was not favorable. When switching from Turbo mode to the user defined mode, mine too often accidentally switched into strobe mode, unless I was VERY careful to quickly loosen the head. While my original NDI did this occasionally, the new one seems to do so more frequently.

OCDGearhead

Newly Enlightened
All the reviews I have seen on the NDI Silver (your link) showed the light was measureably brighter. Not sure if everything was consistent over the different production runs. Lightreviews also shows higher lux number on the Silver than the EX10 on 14500 vs 16340's. That was a great little light.