Strike bezel's???

Status
Not open for further replies.

THEPATRIOT

Newly Enlightened
I've read that some don't like them.They catch on things,ugly and no use.I don't have a problem with them getting hooked on anything,and very much like the defense purpose of them.If someone was going to do me harm,i'd use my E2D before my knife or gun (unless they had one ;)).I know i wouldn't want to be whacked in the head with one,so why do some say they have no "usefull purpose"?Just curious.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
PERSONALLY I'd rather just use my hands than a light. :shrug:

I say to each their own. Threads on this very thing have been started multiple times before and they have a history of not ending well.

Last edited:

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't see the need in order to place the light face down--if I want the light down, it goes on its side or possible facing the ceiling. The other use is as you have indicated--possibly striking someone with it. If you ask me, all that is going to accomplish is to thoroughly PO the would-be attacker. Now, that's merely an opinion since I have never been attacked however, virtually 100% of the time a light carrier isn't in the position of being attacked and yet, walking around with a multiple, sharp-pointed object seems (to me again) to be more of a danger than the possiblity of the attacker. If the area is THAT bad, might be a real solid idea to avoid being there or consider walking with friends--as many as needed for the safety.

Karl

THEPATRIOT

Newly Enlightened
PERSONALLY I'd rather just use my hands than a light. :shrug:

I say to each their own. Threads on this very thing have been started multiple times before and they have a history of not ending well.
I don't mean to start any problems!:shrug:I was just interested in other peoples opinions on them.Thanks for the heads up.

THEPATRIOT

Newly Enlightened
I don't see the need in order to place the light face down--if I want the light down, it goes on its side or possible facing the ceiling. The other use is as you have indicated--possibly striking someone with it. If you ask me, all that is going to accomplish is to thoroughly PO the would-be attacker. Now, that's merely an opinion since I have never been attacked however, virtually 100% of the time a light carrier isn't in the position of being attacked and yet, walking around with a multiple, sharp-pointed object seems (to me again) to be more of a danger than the possiblity of the attacker. If the area is THAT bad, might be a real solid idea to avoid being there or consider walking with friends--as many as needed for the safety.

Karl
A friend of mine was beat up in a well respected area,out of the blue.Me and another friend were confronted by a crazy man in daylight(in front of others)for no apparent reason.Another man showed this guy his gun,and he ran.Things happen,ANYwhere,ANYtime ;).Better be prepared,than not.And i think a blow to the head with a E2D would do a little more than get someone PO'd.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry for your troubles. I haven't had any problems in my 57 years that have required such use and maybe I've just been plain lucky. The right tool for the right job I always say. This one may be right for you but not for me.

Karl

THEPATRIOT

Newly Enlightened
Sorry for your troubles. I haven't had any problems in my 57 years that have required such use and maybe I've just been plain lucky. The right tool for the right job I always say. This one may be right for you but not for me.

Karl
You have been lucky,and i wish you more luck in the future.I have a wife and young girl that i will protect at any cost ;).

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may not have noticed yet but we all have those whom we wish to protect. Believe me on this one, you are not alone in this fact.

Karl

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Thanks,anyways. :laughing: Now that would be a PITA to have in your pocket.

I have one on order! :ohgeez:

Actually my plan is to cut off the spikes and work it down till all that is left is a flat 2mm SS band. I think it will look very nice and the grooves in the head should dissipate heat well.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't carry any weapons, stay in good shape, walk instead of take a "brave" stand where there is nothing to gain and stand my ground when it is called for. Never a problem I couldn't handle without a strike bezel--not one. I don't live where you do either so I can't speak for you. Lots of my friends live by me and haven't been so "lucky" as I....guess it's how you make your own way no matter where you might be.

Karl

THEPATRIOT

Newly Enlightened
I don't carry any weapons, stay in good shape, walk instead of take a "brave" stand where there is nothing to gain and stand my ground when it is called for. Never a problem I couldn't handle without a strike bezel--not one. I don't live where you do either so I can't speak for you. Lots of my friends live by me and haven't been so "lucky" as I....guess it's how you make your own way no matter where you might be.

Karl
I live in a very nice area.You can't just "walk away" if someone want's to do you harm,unless you want to become a statistic...;).Pleantyof home invasions also,but that would be dealt with differently.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I said, I don't live where you do. I'll give you some of the bezels I foolishly bought. You use 'em, I don't need them.

Karl

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Interesting thread! Coming from a law enforcement background and a current Defensive Tactics Instructor I think the strike bezels are extremely useful! The bezel can be used in 3 different fashions. 1) If you want to allow the light to continue operating, bezel down, without over heating, 2) allows the user to direct, not strike, a person to the ground. I have used this method with a male who was uncooperative and resisting arrest. I had my M2 (with GG&G TID) in my hand and placed it on the center of his back and forced him to the ground quickly and without injury! 3) The strike bezel, as a last resort, could be used as a weapon to strike at the face, arms, hands, or any other fleshy area! I emphasize as a last resort if you have no self defense training I would suggest trying to put some distance between yourself and your attacker. If worse comes to worse than immediately strike for the face! If you take away your attackers ability to see you will be able to get away or at least gain some distance to a safe area! Hope this helped a bit! Be safe out there!!!

THEPATRIOT

Newly Enlightened
Interesting thread! Coming from a law enforcement background and a current Defensive Tactics Instructor I think the strike bezels are extremely useful! The bezel can be used in 3 different fashions. 1) If you want to allow the light to continue operating, bezel down, without over heating, 2) allows the user to direct, not strike, a person to the ground. I have used this method with a male who was uncooperative and resisting arrest. I had my M2 (with GG&G TID) in my hand and placed it on the center of his back and forced him to the ground quickly and without injury! 3) The strike bezel, as a last resort, could be used as a weapon to strike at the face, arms, hands, or any other fleshy area! I emphasize as a last resort if you have no self defense training I would suggest trying to put some distance between yourself and your attacker. If worse comes to worse than immediately strike for the face! If you take away your attackers ability to see you will be able to get away or at least gain some distance to a safe area! Hope this helped a bit! Be safe out there!!!
Thanks for the good advice :twothumbs.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
The non-heating issue is a non-issue, trust me on this one. I have hundreds of lights in my collection and thousands of hours of experience to show you if you'd like to learn.

Your experience with controlled aggression is one of your profession, not mine. I'll believe YOUR training and experience on that issue--that is your job and the public's expectation of you. "Training" of amateurs on this web in tactical maneuvers is risky at very best I'm sure you would agree--in accord with YOUR professional training...

Karl

THEPATRIOT

Newly Enlightened
The non-heating issue is a non-issue, trust me on this one. I have hundreds of lights in my collection and thousands of hours of experience to show you if you'd like to learn.

Your experience with controlled aggression is one of your profession, not mine. I'll believe YOUR training and experience on that issue--that is your job and the public's expectation of you. "Training" of amateurs on this web in tactical maneuvers is risky at very best I'm sure you would agree--in accord with YOUR professional training...

Karl
:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.