• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: 18650 McClicky Tubes for Mr. Bulk LionCub

Halibut

Enlightened
I have a few extra 18650 tubes for sale. They are machined from 7075, and the hard anodized flavor has an Allodyne base coat. Each tube comes with a matching retaining ring for the McClicky switch (not included).

1) SOLD
2) Raw
3) HA-Nat
4) HA-Nat
5) HA-Nat
6) HA-Nat
7) HA-Nat
8) HA-Nat

$45.50 shipped anywhere in the U.S. (USPS priority w/ delivery confirmation)

PayPal only, please.

Thanks for looking!

-Dan

18650_1.jpg

18650_2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, Halibut! Long time no see. Good to see you around! Beautiful parts, and a cool idea, as we all know the Cub can take damn near any cell. And a clickie, what a cool thought. If you have any in brass, I'd be all over it, as the brass Cub is the only Cub I have any more. Good luck on the sale!

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wouldn't mind picking up one of these for the aleph/surefire e-series lights or even Don's PD lights :naughty:

Halibut

Enlightened
`dad: Thanks! To be honest, I've been EDCing a `Cub for the last few years and haven't found the need for another light--it does everything I need it to do and I'm constantly upgrading the emitter to stay current. I only have one Otokoyama 18650 tube and wanted more to give as gifts. I'm just trying to recoup my expenses by selling the overflow. Sorry, no brass flavor this time!

max: I don't know if these threads will play nicely with Don's works of art or SF lights...

glockboy: Yup. The McClicky switch simply acts as a physical lock-out. To be honest, I used the two switch design because I couldn't source the gold-plated piano springs that Charlie uses in his stock `Cubs, and wanted a way to cut the power to the LC board and prevent the constant microamp drain on the 18650 cell. Pretty picky, huh?

How do you turn the light on?
Press the back, then press the side?:confused:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
What kind of drain are you talking about? Does this work with the Chameleon, and/or DragonHeart with Chammie board? Would be neat if we could totally cover over/do away with the forward switch and use the clicky for commands.

Bill

Halibut

Enlightened
Bill,

The LC board draws an impossibly low amount of current from the battery even when the LED is off. The only way to prevent this drain is to physically cut the connection to the battery. The McClicky on its own will not work with the LC board. If it did, I think I would have epoxied the side switch shut long ago. :)

I think the threads on these tubes will work with the Chameleon and Dragonheart--the LC parts are all interchangeable, yes?

-Dan

What kind of drain are you talking about? Does this work with the Chameleon, and/or DragonHeart with Chammie board? Would be neat if we could totally cover over/do away with the forward switch and use the clicky for commands.

Bill

Last edited: