shotgun light

starik

Newly Enlightened
Hello,
I am new to this forum.
Which light will you recomend me for using under a shotgun barrel?
The flashlight should throw far,(more than100yards) should be narrow beam ,and it should be as light as possible.
I am using the cree c8. Is there a better option which will not be much more expensive?
Thank you all,
Guy.

Maxwell

Newly Enlightened
I plan on using my Surefire G2l with a Malkoff M60 drop in. The G2l is rugged and will take the abuse and you can easily get accessories, like a remote pressure switch. Combined with the Malkoff drop in, you will easily blind or spot whatever you point it.

Last edited:

xd-shawn

Newly Enlightened
i'd go with a streamlight TLR-1 with the new C4 led, it's rated at 135lumes, i just got one for my pistol and it's extreemly bright, i'm gonna buy another for my 870 soon

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I would agree with Maxwell! If you are on a budget the Surefire G2L with a Malkoff M60 drop-in is the way to go! The light is extremely durable and covered by a hellacious warranty and it also has the metal head unit that can easily stand up to the heat! Why go with 135 lumens when you can get close to 235 lumens!!! The M60 offers awesome throw and excellent flood for indoors use or CQB work. I have one in OD green in my bailout bag for work. No issues with heat over extended periods!! Awesome set-up and very affordable. What mount do you plan to use!?! Will this light be connected to a Picatinny rail system!?! If so there are several quality mounts out there. Vltor and Daniel Defense are both very nice for an offset mount.

Bogie

Enlightened
Starik I highly recommend the SureFire For-End but if on a budget check out this How To at AR-15 .Com, contact Calvin he runs Bright Flashlights and will get you the right parts and good prices whichever way you choose,

starik

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all.
I did not mention that I use the light for hunting wild boar.
My Cree C8 gives more than 200 lumens and it has a pressure switch. the cost all together is 30$.Why do the other lights are better? Do they throw better, or just the quality is better?
Guy.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok so >100 yards means not for home defense, isn't spotlighting illegal in most states? Or maybe you're hunting raccoons?

I don't think it's important to police what advice people get on here. Heck, I use my Fenix L2D to rob old peoples homes (they are too old to hear the high-pitched PWM noise):popcorn: Haha, j/k of course.

2swift

Newly Enlightened
I'm using a TK11 mounted on 12 ga. autoloader with a 1in. warne quick detach ring. Can use a red filter on it if you like however , it cuts down on the throw. But you are using a shotgun and for me it usually winds up being close and personal anyways. The red filter seems to keep them calmer longer. Has held up for hundreds of 3in buckshot and 2 3/4in slugs. This gun was strictly set up for hogs at night. (Ranch Management) Would double well as a self defense weapon as well. Actually it has a couple of times against upset boars. This might be more info. than you needed just thought I would share. Stay Safe.